You are here

Hosting

Pages

Errol's picture
Piledriver
Community VIPKickstarter BackerModerator
Hosting
#1 Submitted: Sun, 04/05/2014 - 06:56

As mods are starting to be released I thought I'd put out a couple of file hosting offers.
I dislike Dropbox hosting with a passion and won't, ever, download a file from somewhere like Mediafire. If you want a better option then check these out:

Matt at iNCARNATED
Just drop him a PM to get things kicked off.

Errol at Toxic-Ragers
Back during the infancy of C2 modding I would host files for modders without their own webspace. 15 years later they're still available! Just get in touch and we'll work something out.

CoffeyCup at MacCarpocalypse
Probably the longest running Carmageddon site on the internets. Just drop Coffey a PM.

I'm sure I'll be editing this post to add other options in as time goes by.

Edited by: Errol on 06/05/2014 - 12:42

:: You wanna build a snowman mod C:R? Get Flummery, the Carmageddon modders tool. ::
Making C:R mods happen since '14!

FatCat's picture
I was in the War!
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Sun, 04/05/2014 - 07:10

What about the steam workshop, did stainless ever say whether the workshop would be hosting C:R mods in the future?

Errol's picture
Piledriver
Submitted: Sun, 04/05/2014 - 07:49

FatCat wrote:
What about the steam workshop, did stainless ever say whether the workshop would be hosting C:R mods in the future?

A good question. I guess we'll have to wait until next week for clarification on that. Until Steamworkshop comes along the hosting offer still stands though.

:: You wanna build a snowman mod C:R? Get Flummery, the Carmageddon modders tool. ::

DieselFan99's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Sun, 04/05/2014 - 08:39

Errol wrote:
FatCat wrote:

A good question. I guess we'll have to wait until next week for clarification on that. Until Steamworkshop comes along the hosting offer still stands though.

There was a Kickstarter update video uploaded 2 years ago where Nobby did say that he wants to use Steam Workshop for the modding management.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKoCD11DcBA

HEX1GON's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Tue, 06/05/2014 - 10:46

I'd like to submit my mods to hosting sites like yours Errol but I don't think they are good enough :|

CoffeyCup's picture
Piledriver
Community VIPKickstarter Backer
Submitted: Tue, 06/05/2014 - 11:33

I can offer hosting too, once the mods start rolling off the production line.

n3wton's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Tue, 06/05/2014 - 22:20

Happy to host also, just send me a PM

Razor's picture
Piledriver
Community VIPKickstarter BackerModeratorCompetition Winner
Submitted: Thu, 15/05/2014 - 11:04

If anybody is really desperate to get their stuff hosted and can't get in touch with any of the above then just swing me a message and I can also host your stuffs.

For all of my Carmageddon stuff visit my site @ http://r.carmajunkies.com
Visit my retro gaming website @ www.retrogameshelf.com

Veritas's picture
Norman E. Carnage
Submitted: Fri, 16/05/2014 - 22:59

I've been using Mediafire without issue for years.

Granted I did lose some content when Megaupload was erroneously (illegally?) raided by the FBI.

Metalcrusher's picture
Norman E. Carnage
Submitted: Sun, 18/05/2014 - 16:01

Not sure what the problem with mediafire is since there is no waiting time involved, it's literally pressing "Download now" and the download starts.

Apart from that, Nobby constantly mentions Steam Workshop, last was in this weeks twitch steam, so yeah that's definitely gonna be implemented.

It's nice that the community helps each other out though.

Edited by: Metalcrusher on Sun, 18/05/2014 - 16:01
Errol's picture
Piledriver
Submitted: Sun, 18/05/2014 - 16:15

Metalcrusher wrote:
Not sure what the problem with mediafire is since there is no waiting time involved, it's literally pressing "Download now" and the download starts.

It looks frickin' hideous and I don't want to have ads shoved in my face just to download someones mod. Ugh.
And don't get me started on adf.ly

Pages

randomness