While trying to get C:R running better again, after Countryslide decided to only run at 2 fps or lower suddenly, I fucked up my laptop. Since it was my only good pc, I could not wait around 'till Asus would repair it (despite spilling Red Bull in it about a year ago, I tried it the official way to get the free warranty repair).
SO, I used it as an excuse to buy a new gaming system. I was planning to do that this summer, but I couldn't wait now that my trusty Asus had died. So I looked around and decided to buy a new custom built gaming notebook. And after a week without a decent pc, it just arrived yesterday!
- Nvidia GeForce GTX870M 6.0 GB GDDR5
- combined with Intel HD4600 Optimus integrated graphics
- 17.3" FullHD AUO B173HW01 V4 glossy high contrast with 90% color reproduction
- Mobile Intel HM87 Express chipset
- Intel Core i7-4712MQ Quad (2.3GHz - 3.3GHz) 6 MB cache - Haswell 22 nm
- 16 GB DDR3-1866 Crucial Ballistix Sport (2x8)
- 500 GB Samsung 840 SSD
- 500 GB Hybrid (HDD/SSD) Sata-600, 64 MB cache, 8 GB SSD
- Blu-Ray Combo drive
- Intel WiFi AC7260 Dual Band, Bluetooth up to 4.0, Wireless Display
- Sound Blaster X-FI MB3 with 7.1 output support
- ONKYO speakers + subwoofer, microphone
- Illuminated multi-color keyboard
- HDMI HDCP, Displayport 1.2 (+ mini)
- Card reader, SP/DIF, USB3.0, eSATA, FHD webcam
- Freeze highest grade cooling paste
- 8 cells 14.8V ~ 5200 mAh 76.96 Wh Li-ION battery
- Windows 8.1 Pro
Now I can finally play Carmageddon Reincarnation decently on MAX graphics settings! Which was the only reason why I would buy a new gaming system anyway. The Asus was good enough for some gaming, photoshop and other stuff. But being a massive Carma fan, I really wanted to be able to get the most out of the game!
I have my reasons for not buying a desktop, but I can hook this system up to a massive Philips HDTV to play with a controller, or to a LG FHD screen with gaming mouse and keyboard to get that desktoppy feel.
Buying this system only slightly ruined me, I will have to live on water and bread for the rest of the year.
NO! BAD BUNNY! DON'T bite my cables!