You are here

Glumok's paint jobs (WIP)

Pages

Glumok's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Glumok's paint jobs (WIP)
#1 Submitted: Tue, 29/04/2014 - 22:02

Hey all,

Here is my texture for Eagle, named "Old Ladies Killer".
It is a work-in-progress! Right now, only diffuse map (for both "normal" and "damaged" model) is in progress.

The last version, V2 (click images for full screen):

I also switched Max's face with mine, just for the lol of it:

For some reasons, the texture is fucked up inside the vehicle... I don't get why, it is not supposed to be affected, but I must be doing something wrong:

The old V1:
http://i.minus.com/ibp2Wz93kABV3q.jpg
http://i.minus.com/itK3VOzRdnqag.jpg
http://i.minus.com/ibohhEHKkuWxi3.jpg
http://i.minus.com/iN3zkpoIDaJyB.jpg

I'm also trying to "map" the zones of the main texture (where is the roof, bumpers, ...) but it is in a kinda trial and error way. If someone has a better map/something to add, I take it!

Edited by: Glumok on 09/05/2014 - 18:01

Lutz G's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Tue, 29/04/2014 - 23:22

Haha - great! Would have been perfect for my clip *g*

Mr.Deviance's picture
Piledriver
Submitted: Thu, 01/05/2014 - 14:12

It's nice to finally see how the eagle R looks with an actual paint texture on it.
I think they should add a red paint texture by the time it gets finished because at the moment the default eagle r looks like it's a solid red model with no texture on it.

Edited by: Mr.Deviance on Thu, 01/05/2014 - 14:13
Glumok's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Wed, 07/05/2014 - 15:38

Ok, round 2 ! I tried a new approach, with more detailled textures (I've to fade it more), better colors and 2 strips along the car. (click on the pics for full image):

I kept the first damaged texture I've made, and it matchs involuntary well with the new color, in my opinion:

Also, I had some fun switching Max's face with mine :)

(Hopefully, I've got a little bit less shitty face in real life!).

Edited by: Glumok on Wed, 07/05/2014 - 15:41

Festae's picture
Norman E. Carnage
Submitted: Wed, 07/05/2014 - 15:53

I think the copper-ish color looked better, the crackle looked like patina on the metal or something to that effect, where this pink/purple it looks like wrinkled paper. also, that first picture you can tell the stripe doesn't quite work right on the bumper area.. Still, I like the fact that it's textured instead of just red.

Glumok's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Wed, 07/05/2014 - 16:19

Festae wrote:
I think the copper-ish color looked better [...] it looks like wrinkled paper.

I love the orange one better too, but for some reason, I kinda like this car to be purple too. For the texture, it has to be tweaked, but the "wrinkled paper" effect is wanted (more in a "wrinkled metal" way, though).

Quote:
you can tell the stripe doesn't quite work right on the bumper area. Still, I like the fact that it's textured instead of just red.

Yes, it is kind of hard to set properly the stripes, as I don't know how exactly it will be textured on the 3D model, without more knowledge on how the texture is wrapped on (that's why I try and get a map of the texture). Therefore, some parts of the car that should not be modified are affected by the new texture (like the bumpers).
The default red texture is not really plain red, but it lacks of details, in my opinion).

Edited by: Glumok on Wed, 07/05/2014 - 16:20

Glumok's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Fri, 09/05/2014 - 18:02

First post updated with screenshots of the lastest version!

Festae's picture
Norman E. Carnage
Submitted: Fri, 09/05/2014 - 19:30

I definitely like this color the best so far!

DoktorMandrake's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Mon, 12/05/2014 - 07:38

Yep that paint job looks sexy as hell

How far is it from competition? I want it xD

nobby's picture
Stainless
Stainless
Submitted: Mon, 12/05/2014 - 08:14

Glumok, seeing you as Max has completely made my day. Awesome expressions. :D

I was in the war.

Glumok's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Fri, 16/05/2014 - 13:44

Thanks Nobby, now I've got to give a try with a more relaxed face expression, as if killing peds was part of a daily routine. :)

Meanwhile...

Pages

randomness