You are here

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Pages

Errol's picture
Piledriver
Community VIPKickstarter BackerModerator
Submitted: Mon, 14/04/2014 - 16:23

FatCat is correct that it's shiny, I've use the envmap effect used on the Caddy's tailfins.

Also, the 747 is the large drone from the C2 airport levels (my favourite C2 maps) and it's inside the Eagle because I wanted to test the MDL quickly so just replaced a vehicle part (in this instance, the Eagle-R chassis). This allowed me to test if things worked from the UI rather than having to fire up the game.

And in response to FatCat, nope, no crumple yet. Still working on basic mesh things before getting onto crumple things.

Edited by: Errol on Mon, 14/04/2014 - 16:24

:: You wanna build a snowman mod C:R? Get Flummery, the Carmageddon modders tool. ::
Making C:R mods happen since '14!

Mr.Deviance's picture
Piledriver
Submitted: Mon, 14/04/2014 - 17:46

Errol wrote:
FatCat is correct that it's shiny, I've use the envmap effect used on the Caddy's tailfins.

Also, the 747 is the large drone from the C2 airport levels (my favourite C2 maps) and it's inside the Eagle because I wanted to test the MDL quickly so just replaced a vehicle part (in this instance, the Eagle-R chassis). This allowed me to test if things worked from the UI rather than having to fire up the game.

And in response to FatCat, nope, no crumple yet. Still working on basic mesh things before getting onto crumple things.

Aww, so you just to go the car select screen to see if it works, so you don't have to wait through those shitty level load times, I understand now.
I'm curious to see how texturing works on the newly imported models.

Edited by: Mr.Deviance on Mon, 14/04/2014 - 17:47
Trent's picture
I was in the War!
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Mon, 14/04/2014 - 18:46

Mr.Deviance wrote:
I'm curious to see how texturing works on the newly imported models.

Exactly the same as any other model. Each vertex has a texture coordinate, each part of the model references a material name, the MT2 file with that name references what shader and textures should be used and the game rendered it.

FatCat's picture
I was in the War!
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Sun, 20/04/2014 - 20:42

Any progress on this?

Errol's picture
Piledriver
Submitted: Mon, 21/04/2014 - 01:12

FatCat wrote:
Any progress on this?

Yup.

[update 2014-04-24]

I apologise for being so curt the other day and thought I'd be best off going an update. I've pretty much stripped the 3D code back to nothing and rebuilt it again along similar principals to the XNA framework. I'm now implementing the bone code (hierarchy stuff) and material viewer and then will be looking at a sort of "viewer only" release to the public.

Edited by: Errol on Thu, 24/04/2014 - 09:22

:: You wanna build a snowman mod C:R? Get Flummery, the Carmageddon modders tool. ::

Mr.Deviance's picture
Piledriver
Submitted: Thu, 24/04/2014 - 14:45

Errol wrote:
FatCat wrote:
Any progress on this?

Yup.

[update 2014-04-24]

I apologise for being so curt the other day and thought I'd be best off going an update. I've pretty much stripped the 3D code back to nothing and rebuilt it again along similar principals to the XNA framework. I'm now implementing the bone code (hierarchy stuff) and material viewer and then will be looking at a sort of "viewer only" release to the public.

Viewer only? Why won't you release more than just that?

Errol's picture
Piledriver
Submitted: Thu, 24/04/2014 - 14:52

Because I'm keeping the model saving code all to myself until I get all the quick-wins. Duh.

Trent's picture
I was in the War!
Submitted: Thu, 24/04/2014 - 14:55

Mr.Deviance wrote:
Viewer only? Why won't you release more than just that?

Because it's unfinished/unstable/not user friendly enough/doesn't do everything yet. Errol's file formats library is in his github repository so anyone who wants to manually mess with the file formats or create their own tools, but the editing/exporting bits are sure to break when anyone tries to use it for more than being a viewer.

Errol's picture
Piledriver
Submitted: Thu, 24/04/2014 - 15:00

Trent wrote:
are sure to break when anyone tries to use it

Yup. I'm that good.

Trent's picture
I was in the War!
Submitted: Thu, 24/04/2014 - 15:06

Errol wrote:
Trent wrote:
are sure to break when anyone tries to use it

Yup. I'm that good.

I'm even better, I can get my tools to break before they're even loaded!

Pages

randomness