You are here

Mod Requests/Ideas go here

Pages

suicidal_banana's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Mod Requests/Ideas go here
#1 Submitted: Tue, 08/04/2014 - 18:04

Well, as the title says, all Requests and Ideas for Mods should go here, that way 'we modders' can just look trough this thread when we want to make something new. Nifty right?
Also, feel free to comment or expand on idea's mentioned before you, none of that 'dont comment in this thread' bs here.

To help us help you, please try and supply the following info:

• Type of mod (ui, powerup, bonus, script, skin, total conversion, etc)
  • A clear description of your idea, try to keep it short.
  • If it helps get the idea across, a screenshot or drawing of some sort.

Note that while cars and maps are technically mods, i feel like they should get their own thread (each)

To kick off the thread, here are some mod idea's (not at all following the above request) mentioned by Sim and/or Nobby in the last stream:

• Add WheelSpin, to use it you do a gesture to your Kinect (lols)
  • Add any animal you want! (while talkin about Elephants and Giraffes)
  • Cockpit cam (dropped out of scope of the game)
  • Rearwheel drive (unsure if possible at the moment)
  • Vampire Powerup (as your losing power, they gain it, suggested by somebody in twitch chat during stream)
  • Balance vehicle strengths
  • HD intro movie
  • Carmageddon 1 total conversion (get the entire original game in reincarnation)
  • 'Voice-sounds' all over (replace all sounds with voices)
Edited by: suicidal_b... on 08/04/2014 - 20:34

Ooooh, hard nipples. Noooo.... :( *limp nipples* Hmmm, vanilla nipples!

suicidal_banana's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Tue, 08/04/2014 - 20:30

And some i came up with watching the stream again

• UI: Pratcam with nobby waving his hands and sipping tea :P
  • Script: 'Drivable enviornment' (like being able to drive the mentioned mono rail, which seemed unconfirmed)
  • Skin: 'Dong Decals' (draw peni on all cars)
  • UI: For the heck of it, plaster the game with facebook logos.
  • Powerup: Ped Clumps (peds clump together for x amount of time)
  • Script/Skin: Acid damage (its 'on the wishlist' but who knows for how long)

Ooooh, hard nipples. Noooo.... :( *limp nipples* Hmmm, vanilla nipples!

renrie's picture
Norman E. Carnage
Submitted: Sat, 12/04/2014 - 01:17

Hey, I've got some ideas listed below, sorry if my aproach seems pushy or something,
I don't know anything about carmageddon modding, and what's able to be changed/added.
but yeah here they are:

- HUD element: Damage meter and text about your enemies (like in C2).
- HUD element: C1 pratcam (female drivers Die Anna, male drivers Max Damage, including the correct reaction to
your actions).
- Original drivers to your chosen vehicle (so there won't be 2 max damage's)
- Classic style checkpoints (with those gritty looking metal poles (and maybe matrix boards)).
- Dashboard cam (not just change the camera position, but also make it look good)
- Ped editor (to easely edit the PED's looks (to add friends, yourself or that horrible co-worker to the game)
- and ofcourse what cuicidal_banana mentioned, the addition of the total maps and cars from carmageddon
(If these wont be a containing in a DLC or the final version of the game)

I hope you guys understand what I am trying to say.
Greetings and happy modding ;P

Deamon's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sat, 12/04/2014 - 03:46

Does anyone know how to have the pre-release options enabled by default? So I don't have to check the respective boxes every time I start the game?

For example, I want the disable timer and PIS overdraft enabled by default ... I have searched for these options in the lol files but had no luck finding them.

Carmageddon UNlimited Team For all your wrecking needs!
"All prey keep left. Fellow raptors keep up."
TDR2000 MAX-Pack A community add-on pack.

The Urban Spaceman's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Sat, 12/04/2014 - 14:10

This is actually the first time I've been in this section of the forum, shame on me! Lots to read. So much respect to everyone involved in this. I can only imagine how time consuming it is to get things right.

Having now read this topic...

HD intro movie

I'm quite disappointed that Stainless consider this outside of their scope. I definitely think a cool new intro FMV should be part of the vanilla game. If it wasn't for nobbys hesitance about wheelspin, which I consider essential, then a good intro would probably be my top request/topic of conversation. Is there really a chance that a fan could create a completely new FMV intro? Seems to good to be true.

Ped and vehicle editors

I mentioned this in another topic but if there is a chance that someone out there could do this then I think it would be HUGE for the Carmageddon community because it would allow those less gifted in time or braincells to get involved. I'm sure I'm not the only one lacking in those departments! The best way I can describe what I mean is like character creation in the Elder Scrolls games for peds and Los Santos Customs in GTA V for vehicles. Somehow this seems much more likely to come to fruition than a fan made FMV intro.

Edited by: The Urban Spaceman on Sat, 12/04/2014 - 14:11
AlexTSK's picture
I was in the War!
Submitted: Sun, 13/04/2014 - 09:16

The Urban Spaceman wrote:
Is there really a chance that a fan could create a completely new FMV intro? Seems to good to be true.

I've been thinking about it for a while :) If I make enough cars I will definitely consider doing an intro movie, it won't be an exact remake if the original though.

The Urban Spaceman's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Mon, 14/04/2014 - 00:16

Bloodstability wrote:
Is there really a chance that a fan could create a completely new FMV intro? Seems to good to be true.

I've been thinking about it for a while :) If I make enough cars I will definitely consider doing an intro movie, it won't be an exact remake if the original though.

Good to know :) For what it's worth if you do I hope it will be completely different to either of the originals.

Edited by: The Urban Spaceman on Mon, 14/04/2014 - 00:19
lemonrev's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Mon, 14/04/2014 - 09:21

I want more stuff to hit to make even more mess around the track like those goofy traffic lights in say the city levels.

AlexTSK's picture
I was in the War!
Submitted: Mon, 14/04/2014 - 10:00

Bloodstability wrote:

Good to know :) For what it's worth if you do I hope it will be completely different to either of the originals.

It will probably have hints of the original intro, and maybe of C2(which blew me away at the time, I was only 9 years old though so can you blame me). Other than that it will have all of my cars, and with permission car's I've made or textured for others, a mixed bag so to speak, probably featuring the fear factory or the sentience track, I love them both :) It is a huge undertaking though, especially if I want to feature as many vehicles as the original C1 Into did, but I'll be hopeful!

CoffeyCup's picture
Piledriver
Community VIPKickstarter Backer
Submitted: Mon, 14/04/2014 - 11:44

I would be encouraging people to work on their own modding skills rather than coming up with lists of items expecting someone else to make it for you. I'm going to want to work on my own stuff.

ronxx83's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Tue, 15/04/2014 - 09:42

My idea's for modding. (CarMODgeddon) is:

- make it possible to upload blender files.
- an easy way to create pedestrians and drivers. (Sims like creation)

those two I have for now.

Pages