You are here

[Tool] Unofficial powerup installer

suicidal_banana's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
[Tool] Unofficial powerup installer
#1 Submitted: Tue, 08/04/2014 - 14:30

UNOFFICIAL POWERUP INSTALLER 0.61
Download: Here (WinRAR opens .rar files wink wink)
Install: Extract at *STEAM*/SteamApps/common/Carmageddon_Reincarnation/
Use: Double-click Powerup-Installer.bat and follow on-screen instructions.
Todo:

• Find a way to edit text_earlass.XML (so it can set custom powerup names)
  • Fix it so it doesn't whine about temp_directory not being empty ~30% of the time.

Changelog:

• 0.61: 'Backup ALL'-Crash after first use (in a directory tree with () brackets) fixed.
  • 0.60: Backup/Restore single powerups now working and some fixes
  • 0.51: Made compatible with directorys using ( ) brackets.
  • 0.50: Initial release

It comes with an example 'custom Power-up', its just a slightly tweaked Pinball.
Let me know if there are any issues, i wrote it on Win7 but it should work from XP to 8.x (provided you installed WinRAR)

And yes, it was a bitch to make hehe, when i started i figured meh a few commands and some ui and we got ourselves a neat little tool, sure that can be a batch file! turns out batch files dont work that easy, 600+ 950+ lines lol. Ah well.

Ooooh, hard nipples. Noooo.... :( *limp nipples* Hmmm, vanilla nipples!

Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 09/04/2014 - 16:17

So, question; should I remake this so its not a 'scary batch file'? Or is this fine?

(I made it with a .bat file so everybody can read the source and see for themselves nothing fishy is going on, but with the filesize of this, and other tools beeing written 'more serious' in C/C++/C# I feel like this backfired, did it?)

Errol's picture
Piledriver
Community VIPKickstarter BackerModerator
Submitted: Wed, 09/04/2014 - 16:39

I think that as long as the source is available for something then you're golden. I have Flummery and the ToxicRagers library on github and Trent includes the source with his tools. If you put together a Powerup Installer written in something "serious" then just put the source somewhere and I think everyone would be happy.

:: You wanna build a snowman mod C:R? Get Flummery, the Carmageddon modders tool. ::
Making C:R mods happen since '14!

Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 09/04/2014 - 18:14

kay then, thx for the input

Errol's picture
Piledriver
Community VIPKickstarter BackerModerator
Submitted: Wed, 09/04/2014 - 19:03

Also, I took a look at the bat source and was mighty impressed. I thought the skills to write that sort of bat file had died long, long ago. You are a wizard!

:: You wanna build a snowman mod C:R? Get Flummery, the Carmageddon modders tool. ::
Making C:R mods happen since '14!

Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 09/04/2014 - 19:08

lol thx, but yea, ill prolly just whip one up in visual studio instead (while i should actually be focusing on the powerup pack i made this installer for, but whatever)

randomness