You are here

[Tool] GibbedTools - TDX Texture converter

Pages

Trent's picture
I was in the War!
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Thu, 22/05/2014 - 14:44

Glumok wrote:
Yes I was already aware about transparency with .png and the effect of it in game. ;)
Is the latest latest version here http://trent.incarnated.co.uk/downloads/GibbedTools.rar ?

No it's http://trent.incarnated.co.uk/downloads/GibbedTools.zip

I just edited my sig to replace the old version, forgot it was in there!

Glumok's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Thu, 22/05/2014 - 15:18

Ok, got the good latest version :)
Unfortunately, I still can't drag-and-drop .png onto "CompressDXT5.bat", as it quits as soon as I drop the file on it. I know it should be possible using command line but drag-and-drop is so much user friendly!

Hex1gon, I don't get what shortcut I must create with --d5 FILENAME.png? Make a shortcut to "CompressDXT5.bat" and in the proprieties add --d5 FILENAME.png (where "FILENAME.png" is the name of my texture?)

Thanks in advance, modding texture is fun! :D

Edited by: Glumok on Thu, 22/05/2014 - 15:19

Trent's picture
I was in the War!
Submitted: Thu, 22/05/2014 - 15:52

what directories are the GribbedTools and the image in? I think that may happen if the path is way too long, the new bat effectively adds the full path of GibbedTools to it before calling to make sure it's running in the correct place.

You could try opening Command Prompt, navigating to the GibbedTools directory and running:

Gibbed.Duels.TdxConvert.exe --d5 "path\to\your\image.png"

Where the path\to\your\image.png is the path to your image and the filename ;)

Glumok's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Thu, 22/05/2014 - 17:12

I think I know what the problem was: I had renamed "GibbedTools" folder (by adding a short description in the folder name, to remember what this software is for) :) Used to not cause any problem with the previous release.

Drag-and-drop is working well, but I still get the same result once in game... :/

As noted on the picture, I wonder if it could be related to opacity of the texture. For all the outside paint-job of the car, I put opacity at 100%, everywhere else (including part of the texture for the inside of the car) it uses the vanilla transparency (somewhere 10% opacity?)

Excuse me being stupid but, drag-and-drop .png onto "CompressDXT5.bat" or using Command Prompt with Gibbed.Duels.TdxConvert.exe --d5 "path\image.png" doesn't give the same result? I didn't try with Command Prompt command.

If you want to look at my current modified texture, here is a link to download it: http://we.tl/eifp0biVsf

Edited by: Glumok on Thu, 22/05/2014 - 17:22

Trent's picture
I was in the War!
Submitted: Thu, 22/05/2014 - 17:22

Glumok wrote:
Excuse me being stupid but, drag-and-drop .png onto "CompressDXT5.bat" or using Command Prompt with Gibbed.Duels.TdxConvert.exe --d5 "path\image.png" doesn't give the same result? I didn't try with Command Prompt command.

They should give exactly the same results.

If the inside is the same texture as the outside then I'm baffled, it can't be the tool as either the whole texture would be screwed or none of it would. I do know that if opacity is too low, like 0%, then Photoshop does not save the pixel colour. If you want to package up your pngs and TDX files and send them over to me I'll take a look tomorrow and see if I can figure out what's going on.

Glumok's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Fri, 23/05/2014 - 03:39

It would be very kind of you, Trent!

As posted in my previous post, here is a link to download my modified .png texture (with transparency from the vanilla texture): http://we.tl/eifp0biVsf
Also, the link to download the current .dxt file generated from my .png: http://we.tl/ov0gfUvGem

EDIT: I did some other tests (this time with no transparency at all, texture opacity is 100%), here are the results: (TEST01 are made using "CompressDXT5.bat" for generating Mipmaps. TEST02 are made using "CompressDXT5NoMip.bat" for no Mipmaps)

So, my guess is it could have something to do with generated mipmaps. What do you think?

Edited by: Glumok on Fri, 23/05/2014 - 03:39

HEX1GON's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Fri, 23/05/2014 - 06:10

On the topic of image quality, I also noticed with reflections that if it's set to very high the cars are extremely bright. I was testing on CFC and it turned out like this with high settings:

There's a major leap in HIGH and VERY HIGH... well to me at least. It's odd that you're getting blurry car textures on low though I don't get that at all with my skins :\

Glumok's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Fri, 23/05/2014 - 06:29

HEX1GON wrote:
It's odd that you're getting blurry car textures on low though I don't get that at all with my skins :\

Do you export them with or without mipmaps? Without them, the texture will be always at full resolution, therefore not blurry (but obviously without the advantages of mipmaps). On a side note, black Flat Cat looks sexy!

dvine's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Fri, 23/05/2014 - 06:36

HEX1GON wrote:

Holy Shit! When did this happen? This should be the official fatcat! Not going to lie...

FatCat's picture
I was in the War!
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Fri, 23/05/2014 - 07:02

HEX1GON wrote:

It's gorgeous, you should also have the wheels be golden too. :D

Pages

randomness