You are here

Game failing to start

Pages

Hank Scorpio's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Game failing to start
#1 Submitted: Thu, 27/03/2014 - 23:31

Hi Guys,

I have downloaded the game and am trying to get it to run in Steam. When I click Play, a Steam Dialog box pops up for a split second saying "Preparing to launch Carmageddon Reincarnation". This is immediately followed by the Carmageddon splash screen for another split second, then nothing.

.net framework and direct x are both up to date

specs:
windows 7 64 bit
intel i7-3770 3.40Ghz
16GB RAM
nvidia geforce gtx 560 ti

Any help is much appreciated as I can't wait to get this running.

Cheers

Cocorickoo's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Fri, 28/03/2014 - 00:55

got the same problem... the logo is showing up, then black screen, then its gone.

koloboko's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Fri, 28/03/2014 - 03:20

Yep same for me. Logo then black screen and comp fails to respond. My specs are similar to OP except the card is ATI

dA

Mr.Deviance's picture
Piledriver
Submitted: Fri, 28/03/2014 - 06:02

Hank Scorpio wrote:
Hi Guys,

I have downloaded the game and am trying to get it to run in Steam. When I click Play, a Steam Dialog box pops up for a split second saying "Preparing to launch Carmageddon Reincarnation". This is immediately followed by the Carmageddon splash screen for another split second, then nothing.

.net framework and direct x are both up to date

specs:
windows 7 64 bit
intel i7-3770 3.40Ghz
16GB RAM
nvidia geforce gtx 560 ti

Any help is much appreciated as I can't wait to get this running.

Cheers

It could be likely because your video card drivers.
Nvidia drivers really usually hate 560 ti cards. I've had that card too in an older test pc and lots of games refused to work with that videocard for some reason, even when they work with the same drivers on older videocards...
Either Stainless needs to ask nvidia to release a driver update to support carmageddon reincarnation on 560ti or stainless needs to fix what's causing carmageddon not to start on the 560ti if that's the culprit.

Edited by: Mr.Deviance on Fri, 28/03/2014 - 06:40
jakubmisek's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Fri, 28/03/2014 - 09:50

The same problem with

Win7 64bit, i7-2600, 16GB, HD 7700@2GB

pasy01's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Fri, 28/03/2014 - 10:45

hi :)

I will not start.
It starts to load the game. (Before the race, the loading screen) and crashes the whole: ((

idea ?

Pásztor Zoltán

jowatta's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Fri, 28/03/2014 - 11:46

hey,have the same problem.
close fraps and start game.worked for me!

GeOs's picture
Norman E. Carnage
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Fri, 28/03/2014 - 14:47

Had the same problem. I shut down all the applications that can interfere with app window. In my case they were: teamwiever, screenshot reader. Maybe some others. try closing all unnecessary apps.

3dwizard's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Fri, 28/03/2014 - 15:05

I have this exact same problem :(
What could be wrong?

GeOs's picture
Norman E. Carnage
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Fri, 28/03/2014 - 15:35

3dwizard wrote:
I have this exact same problem :(
What could be wrong?

Read the fucking message above! ))) Some apps, that can interfere fullscreen mode can cause the crash.

edit: TeamViewer, screenshot scanner and RAM-consuming apps (Lightroom) don't affect this. Seems to be some random crashes. (Good job, Sherlock)

Edited by: GeOs on Fri, 28/03/2014 - 15:40
Dodo Bizar's picture
Norman E. Carnage
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Fri, 28/03/2014 - 17:06

When I put everything on max like texture quality it will load a while, eventually an engine noise appears but the loading screen stays for minutes... then I usually get bored and restart the PC. Got this in the 2 new levels, Countryslide and the chemical plant (Magnasomething).

Seems like dropping texture quality (or whatever it says in the options screen) to medium/hard solves the problem. Probably a memory issue. I got 4Gb RAM and 2Gb onboard my graphics card.

Pages

randomness