You are here

Mac OS X Early Access NOT AVAILABLE

Delorean_'s picture
Fluffy Bunny
Mac OS X Early Access NOT AVAILABLE
#1 Submitted: Thu, 27/03/2014 - 16:04

Well, what is all this about? I've backed the game via the PayPal pledge and now I can't play Carmageddon because it's not "available on this platform" - Mac OS X. Are you gonna fix it soon, guys?

Espyo's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter BackerModerator
Submitted: Thu, 27/03/2014 - 17:05

As was stated a few times, for the pre-alpha, there is only a Windows build. Linux and Mac builds will come later.

I'm Espyo from the Carmageddon Wiki!
I'm currently working on a fangame engine for Pikmin games.

Nisei's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sat, 29/03/2014 - 15:10

I can hardly believe they're parallel developing for 3 different platforms. Usually a game is developed on 1 platform and then ported to others once it's finished.

SXX's picture
SXX
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sun, 30/03/2014 - 04:50

Nisei wrote:
I can hardly believe they're parallel developing for 3 different platforms. Usually a game is developed on 1 platform and then ported to others once it's finished.

These days there is lot of games that developed on all 3 PC platforms simultaneously. This is sad Stainless decide don't go this way, but I suppose because they already have the engine and development pipeline they want to stick to.

Considering they want release it on consoles it's understandable why they use D3D as main target renderer. It's something that made this game possible so I'm fine with fact that I have to wait a bit.

copmac's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Fri, 04/04/2014 - 13:59

It will come to next gen platform once the PC version is retail. At least that is what I understood