You are here

Stream Q&A collection

Pages

deadsheep's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
PayPal Backer
Posts: 128
Submitted: Wed, 26/03/2014 - 20:35

Trent wrote:
I'm pretty sure he said 8.

^This.
Nobby did say that you could adjust it (with CarMODgeddon?) to 24 or any other value (he does say 24 in the video) if you feel like, and have a rather beefy computer, as he sees no reason why you should not have more cars if your PC can handle it. (I hope I didn't misunderstand what he said, lol)

Trent's picture
I was in the War!
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Posts: 2989
Submitted: Wed, 26/03/2014 - 20:36

CESCHITO wrote:
Trent wrote:
CESCHITO wrote:
Yep, thanks for the thread Espyo, and... I heard in the stream something about "max number of cars" planned for a match, but suddently the video lagged and I didn't hear the answer, I think Nobby said '24' but I'm not sure, could anyone confirm?

I'm pretty sure he said 8.

aah ok =P I guess somebody in the chat was asking him if they would have managed to put 24 cars in a level.
Anyway 8 players in a match is far enough for me!! =)

Yeah they chose 8 because it's the best balance between fun and performance, but you'll be able to edit the event files to have as many as you want if your computer can handle it.

Edit: ninja posted by deadsheep!

Edited by: Trent on Wed, 26/03/2014 - 20:37

dalags's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Posts: 12
Submitted: Wed, 26/03/2014 - 20:43

all cars fwd i think nobby mentioned

DoktorMandrake's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Posts: 200
Submitted: Wed, 26/03/2014 - 20:46

When nobby says 'HD sprite mode'

..He means the peds right? Because omfg, c1 peds on c:r would be the best thing ever made, I guess even if stainless didn't put that in themselves a modder would eventually

RPGWiZaRD's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Posts: 259
Submitted: Wed, 26/03/2014 - 20:51

Wheelspin was best used to do a 180-turn from STANDSTILL (which is when I used it), good luck doing that with handbrake, takes a lot longer when you first have to drive a slight bit and then pull the handbrake. ^^

Edited by: RPGWiZaRD on Wed, 26/03/2014 - 20:54

CPU: Intel i5-4670K @ 4.4GHz
RAM: G.Skill Sniper 2x8GB (16GB) DDR3-1866 CL9
GPU: Gigabyte Windforce3X GTX 760 (rev2.0) 2GB @ 1186/3200 MHz
SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB
OS.: Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1

CESCHITO's picture
Fluffy Bunny
PayPal Backer
Posts: 44
Submitted: Wed, 26/03/2014 - 20:54

Many thanks to Trent and deadsheep for answering to me and everyone else about this question!! Because of the lag I heard only a part of nobby's explaination.
thanks again, and sorry form my english (I'm quite sure I put from 8 to 24 mistakes per sentence =)

DoktorMandrake's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Posts: 200
Submitted: Wed, 26/03/2014 - 20:57

RPGWiZaRD wrote:
Wheelspin was best used to do a 180-turn from STANDSTILL (which is when I used it), good luck doing that with handbrake, takes a lot longer when you first have to drive a slight bit and then pull the handbrake. ^^

Well that's it, wheelspin was always used when you're at a standstill.. I always just use to wheel spin like crazy in front of peds, let them run off a little bit, then line up my car and PLOW :D But IIRC on C2 the wheelspin was only effective when at a standstill and then you used the handbrake and normal breaks for when you're speeding along

jamm's picture
Fluffy Bunny
PayPal Backer
Posts: 12
Submitted: Wed, 26/03/2014 - 21:52

dalags wrote:
all cars fwd i think nobby mentioned

They said all cars are four wheel drive/4x4 as a standard so you can still drive the car around after losing wheels/tires.

Espyo's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter BackerModerator
Posts: 1471
Submitted: Wed, 26/03/2014 - 22:22

DoktorMandrake wrote:
When nobby says 'HD sprite mode'

..He means the peds right? Because omfg, c1 peds on c:r would be the best thing ever made, I guess even if stainless didn't put that in themselves a modder would eventually

Whoops. Yeah, that's peds.

I'm Espyo from the Carmageddon Wiki!
I'm currently working on a fangame engine for Pikmin games.

Purple44's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Posts: 208
Submitted: Wed, 26/03/2014 - 23:30

Trent wrote:
CESCHITO wrote:
Trent wrote:
CESCHITO wrote:
Yep, thanks for the thread Espyo, and... I heard in the stream something about "max number of cars" planned for a match, but suddently the video lagged and I didn't hear the answer, I think Nobby said '24' but I'm not sure, could anyone confirm?

I'm pretty sure he said 8.

aah ok =P I guess somebody in the chat was asking him if they would have managed to put 24 cars in a level.
Anyway 8 players in a match is far enough for me!! =)

Yeah they chose 8 because it's the best balance between fun and performance, but you'll be able to edit the event files to have as many as you want if your computer can handle it.

Edit: ninja posted by deadsheep!

Hmm, so I guess that mean only 8 player lobbys online?

I was hoping for 12 player lobbys. I think 12 player lobby a good number for online racing.

Would Stainless think about giving host the option to set the number of players for the online lobby? Set players to 2-12 players that can be in the lobby.

Pages

randomness