Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 26/03/2014 - 20:43

all cars fwd i think nobby mentioned

DoktorMandrake's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Wed, 26/03/2014 - 20:46

When nobby says 'HD sprite mode'

..He means the peds right? Because omfg, c1 peds on c:r would be the best thing ever made, I guess even if stainless didn't put that in themselves a modder would eventually

RPGWiZaRD's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 26/03/2014 - 20:51

Wheelspin was best used to do a 180-turn from STANDSTILL (which is when I used it), good luck doing that with handbrake, takes a lot longer when you first have to drive a slight bit and then pull the handbrake. ^^

Edited by: RPGWiZaRD on Wed, 26/03/2014 - 20:54

CPU: Intel i5-4670K @ 4.4GHz
RAM: G.Skill Sniper 2x8GB (16GB) DDR3-1866 CL9
GPU: Gigabyte Windforce3X GTX 760 (rev2.0) 2GB @ 1186/3200 MHz
SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB
OS.: Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1

DoktorMandrake's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Wed, 26/03/2014 - 20:57

RPGWiZaRD wrote:
Wheelspin was best used to do a 180-turn from STANDSTILL (which is when I used it), good luck doing that with handbrake, takes a lot longer when you first have to drive a slight bit and then pull the handbrake. ^^

Well that's it, wheelspin was always used when you're at a standstill.. I always just use to wheel spin like crazy in front of peds, let them run off a little bit, then line up my car and PLOW :D But IIRC on C2 the wheelspin was only effective when at a standstill and then you used the handbrake and normal breaks for when you're speeding along

jamm's picture
Fluffy Bunny
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Wed, 26/03/2014 - 21:52

dalags wrote:
all cars fwd i think nobby mentioned

They said all cars are four wheel drive/4x4 as a standard so you can still drive the car around after losing wheels/tires.

Espyo's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter BackerModerator
Submitted: Wed, 26/03/2014 - 22:22

DoktorMandrake wrote:
When nobby says 'HD sprite mode'

..He means the peds right? Because omfg, c1 peds on c:r would be the best thing ever made, I guess even if stainless didn't put that in themselves a modder would eventually

Whoops. Yeah, that's peds.

I'm Espyo from the Carmageddon Wiki!
I'm currently working on a Pikmin fan engine.

Purple44's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 26/03/2014 - 23:30

Trent wrote:
CESCHITO wrote:
Trent wrote:
CESCHITO wrote:
Yep, thanks for the thread Espyo, and... I heard in the stream something about "max number of cars" planned for a match, but suddently the video lagged and I didn't hear the answer, I think Nobby said '24' but I'm not sure, could anyone confirm?

I'm pretty sure he said 8.

aah ok =P I guess somebody in the chat was asking him if they would have managed to put 24 cars in a level.
Anyway 8 players in a match is far enough for me!! =)

Yeah they chose 8 because it's the best balance between fun and performance, but you'll be able to edit the event files to have as many as you want if your computer can handle it.

Edit: ninja posted by deadsheep!

Hmm, so I guess that mean only 8 player lobbys online?

I was hoping for 12 player lobbys. I think 12 player lobby a good number for online racing.

Would Stainless think about giving host the option to set the number of players for the online lobby? Set players to 2-12 players that can be in the lobby.

Nuclearfire's picture
Fluffy Bunny
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Wed, 26/03/2014 - 23:37

Did not catch the live stream but have watched the you tube video from HDTanel where he gets wrecked and can still repair

"The ability to keep driving after being wrecked is not just a pre-alpha or freeplay mode thing. The idea is that the player shouldn't be punished."

Does this mean that the "race" wont end till one of 3 ways to win is achieved or you back out of the race? I hope their will be an option to turn this on and off. If i get wrecked by most likely a cop or a mine i didn't see or spiting my car in half driving to fast over peds and into the corner of a building(has happened a few times, haha) i think is part of the game to then have to start the race over like in the past.
I have played all 3 carmageddon's from the original release and still play 1&2 to this day.

so Please if anything make it an on/off option by the final release.
I guess i just like to be punished. haha

TaerKast's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 27/03/2014 - 00:38

I understand what they say about not being punished by wrecking, but it also removes a lot of challenge from the game, and with less challenge, the game becomes more boring.

I'd say make it a toggleable feature so both crowds are happy.

lemonrev's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 27/03/2014 - 01:27

was anything said about when the new content release ?.

Pages

randomness