You are here

Should the AI be able to repair themselves?

Pages

shane's picture
Community Manager
Stainless
Should the AI be able to repair themselves?
#1 Submitted: Wed, 26/03/2014 - 18:28

Hey all,

As mentioned in our Twitch stream we are looking at adding the ability for the AI to repair themselves. Let us know what you think below!

Edited by: shane on 06/05/2014 - 13:31
SapoPT's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 26/03/2014 - 18:29

I think they should be able to repair, but have a repair limit (like if they runned out of credits)

CoffeyCup's picture
Piledriver
Community VIPKickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 26/03/2014 - 18:31

Nah, how will anyone be able kill all opponents if they keep repairing?

flykas's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Wed, 26/03/2014 - 18:30

NOOOO!

Well if you add it, plaeas make it an option. Because I allways like to see them driwing around heavilly damaged or unable to move, because I too sometimes play without repairing.

hpbla's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Wed, 26/03/2014 - 18:31

AI selfrepair should be a chosen option before you start a race.

node_0's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Wed, 26/03/2014 - 18:35

Repair medkits - this is what we need!!
Everyone can collect them, and there will be no cheating with repair-on-demand everywhere you need!
And the game will be more interesting and hardcore, I think

Pringlos's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 26/03/2014 - 18:36

As SapoPT said, there should probably be a limit on the AI's repair. Furthermore, I think it'd have to only occur on opponents who are relatively far away from you. If you catch and mangle an opponent, it shouldn't be able to repair as you're backing up a bit to get enough speed for the finishing blow. However, if you abandon the opponent on the side of the road the poor thing should be able to repair itself once you've moved on.

AlexTSK's picture
I was in the War!
Submitted: Wed, 26/03/2014 - 18:37

I've actually had this happen in the current build, maybe just a bug but suddenly otis went from missing half his car to being fully shiny and repaired. It's a difficult choice, I find that the current AI are too easy, especially if they loose a wheel or two or maybe even an axle so they just spin around aimlessly waiting for you to put them out of their misery. I for one would vote yes to AI repair, though it could be on a cooldown so that it's not too annoying when you have to waste Don with your Eagle. Though being able to turn it on or off before a race as mentioned above seems like the most logical option.

This feature can also be used on the hardest difficulty where it is on at all times, and also this would arguably make the 'kill all peds on a level' just a little easier if the AI don't waste themselves after you've given them a beating.

Edited by: Bloodstability on Wed, 26/03/2014 - 18:40
Espyo's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter BackerModerator
Submitted: Wed, 26/03/2014 - 18:38

I think I'd like to see a moderate amount of repairing. The other play modes are a bit harder compared to wreckage, so it could use an increase in difficulty. As long as it doesn't take me 40 hours to wreck Buzz Lightweight because he keeps repairing, I'll probably be fine with it! Maybe warn the player when opponents are repairing, like in the early Carma demos?

I'm Espyo from the Carmageddon Wiki!
I'm currently working on a fangame engine for Pikmin games.

Craftworth's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 26/03/2014 - 18:38

Yes, AI repair is good, more fun and hardcore! :)

Edited by: Craftworth on Wed, 26/03/2014 - 18:39
Rigor's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 26/03/2014 - 18:39

It should be a togleable option. I like to wreck opponent and come back later seeing them in difficulty.

Pages