You are here

APO(T?) - Add Traction?

Pages

Too-DAMN-Much's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
APO(T?) - Add Traction?
#1 Submitted: Sat, 22/03/2014 - 13:12

APO, or Armor, Power, Offense, should Traction be one of those?
the more i think about it, the more being able to do it this way benefits everyone.
you could up or downgrade your traction during an event turn to turn, if you wanted, assuming C:R still allows it mid-race.

what do people think?

Mr.Deviance wrote:
You want traction to start bad and get improved with APO upgrades?
What would that achieve?
It would certainly contribute to getting your car handling feel different when you upgrade it's traction, compared to how it felt when you started with it.

it could start at a middle ground, either way, you'd only have to put up with it for a few races anyway.

EvilScrooge wrote:
I kind of don't see the traction to be upgradeable aspect of the car because its not important in the battle enough to waste developing time and effort to make it. And that also would broke some P-up

do you mean it would break grip-o-matic tyres?

don't we already have no-grip powerdowns in previous games i thought?

or wall-climber?

not sure i follow if you mean this one.

don't you do stunts and other things too? i'll admit, usually don't spend most of the entire timer trying to waste other vehicles, i'll always brake for granny if i need some time and stunts are just plain fun, usually can easily manage to get 30+ minutes on the timer and keep it there.

i probably spent a good few hours at the airport in carmageddon 2 launching the car for stunts non-stop.

that's a lot of time to mess around in one environment.

"if he smiles, start running"

"keep asking stupid questions"

trolling is apparently anytime your opinion is different than mine, i'll also accuse you of baiting if you refuse to change your opinion by force.

LordToastALot's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sat, 22/03/2014 - 13:41

Couldn't give a more infinitesimal shit about this, sorry.

Bet that hurt!

flykas's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Sat, 22/03/2014 - 14:31

I don't want that, but it will be good if we can see a really noticible difference of grip of differents cars

Mad_Maxine's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Submitted: Sat, 22/03/2014 - 15:38

Traction editing is probly a good thing.
I havent played the game yet But.. just incase it becomes one of those arcady, suepr grippy turn at any speed with no skill games, id like to lower the traction.

Also im a handlign whore so ill be tweeking everything after my first playthru.. Otis better handle like a water bed.

My Cars/Peds/Maps/Skins: http://demontailmods.webs.com
View the comic game from start to finish: http://imgur.com/a/diaO6

uoɯǝp ǝɥʇ ʞɔɐɥ ɐʞɐ - I am the Last Poster, the killer of topics. Fear me

Trent's picture
I was in the War!
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Sat, 22/03/2014 - 15:43

Traction is a core part of how each vehicle handles, some cars should have high traction and others should have low traction, being able to change the traction in the style of APO would make balancing the amount of cars the game will have nearly impossible. If you want to use a car with high traction use a car with high traction, if you want one which slides around then use one with low traction. Changing the traction of a car would fundamentally change the way it handles and that's a bad thing.

Edited by: Trent on Sat, 22/03/2014 - 15:44

Spector's picture
Norman E. Carnage
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Sat, 22/03/2014 - 15:48

No

twisted's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sat, 22/03/2014 - 16:05

Sorrey, I just don't like your idea. I think each cars should handle differently, and everyone just should be free to select car depending on his taste and preference for handling. As long as the cars are hard to drive as the original i'm good with it. Carmageddon was all about struggling to stay on the middle of the road and was hard to actually target an opponent and drive on them without losing control, a feeling that Stainless has lost during development process as we can see in the pre-alpha. I don't know what's happening right now it seems Stainless are slipping in the mainstream trying to please everybody, lowering driving skills for kids. Don't know if I'm the only one but I don't get any feeling at all when driving, it's kind of boring and car handling feel generic and blank. I hope they'll fix that and also add different handling depending on the surface like ice which actually doesn't change anything at all. Stainless is missing the mark and don't do justice to the original, thanks god, it's just a pre-alpha and finger crossed this will change and be balanced between updates based on community feedback...just like Next Car Game developers are doing right now! But I fear this will be the case as Stainless are clearly not as much active on the forums as i'm sure everyone would hope them to be! It seems our complains are not heard at all and I feel I'm writting here for nothing which pisses me off!

Edited by: TwIsTeDMiNd on Sat, 22/03/2014 - 16:48

me-onfire's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Sat, 22/03/2014 - 16:59

cars hard to drive @ original games ? .. wtf ?
have you ever played any carmageddon game ?

lol ... i never ever struggled to stay in middle of the road or felt is was hard to target an opponent

cars are easy/fun to use/drive ... you should go and play a car simulation game like gran turismo ... looks like you dont like carma

carmageddon has always been fun arcade car action

i like the car handling as it is right now ;)

every car feels different + drifting is fun

i want to see propper gamepad acceleration ... means if you push the button a little bit you drive slower
at the moment there is just speed or nothing

Edited by: me-onfire on Sat, 22/03/2014 - 17:04
twisted's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sat, 22/03/2014 - 17:42

me-onfire wrote:
cars hard to drive @ original games ? .. wtf ?
have you ever played any carmageddon game ?

they are easy/fun to use/drive ... you should go and play a car simulation game like gran tourismo ... looks like you dont like carma

carmageddon has always been fun arcade car action

Wtf Gran Turismo have to do in the forums, you act as if I know nothing about carmageddon and gaming in general. How the hell you take for granted an arcade game automatically means it should be easy to drive. That's not because i'm saying cars were hard to manoeuver that i'm actually categorizing it as a simulation. Simulation means there's a bigger learning curve and you constantly need to deal with the right braking and speed when entering and leaving an apex turn. Maybe it's been too long since you didn't played Carma1 if you don't notice how easy to drive the cars are in Reincarnation. Just try to flick the eagle from left to right in the original and you'll see it's much harder to recover. Also the cars doesn't turn much and loose a lot of grip when doing so. In this regards, they were assholes to deal with on the road which is and should remain a core element to what have defined the late 90 generation of manys as a classic franchise and a veteran racing game of the open 3D world as opposed to now which looks like an happy travel on a rainbow in the search of a unicorn.

me-onfire's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Sat, 22/03/2014 - 17:52

finished carma 1 + 2 again a short time after they were available @ gog ;)

hmm seems like carma is harder for you then it is to me

sure depending on the situation you had to use the wheelspin + handbrake button
but the cars havent been assholes to deal with never ever
precisely accurate arcade driving / jumping / smashing etc ...

dont know ... easy driving over here ... totally enjoyed my gog time with carma 1 + 2

like i said .. like the car handling in reincarnation too
(miss the wheelspinn button though)

Edited by: me-onfire on Sat, 22/03/2014 - 17:55
twisted's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sat, 22/03/2014 - 18:02

me-onfire wrote:
finished carma 1 + 2 again a short time after they were available @ gog ;)

hmm seems like carma is harder for you then it is to me

sure depending on the situation you had to use the wheelspin + handbrake button
but the cars havent been assholes to deal with never ever
precisely accurate arcade driving / jumping / smashing etc ...

dont know ... easy driving over here ... totally enjoyed my gog time with carma 1 + 2

like i said .. like the car handling in reincarnation too
(miss the wheelspinn button though)

That's fine then, we have different thoughts and personnal preferences and this is okay like that. The forum is here to express our different experience with the game. It just seems I find the gap between the old vs new game much bigger than you...don't know why! Maybe we need to dig deeper in this game to enjoy it at it's best but for me it's clearly noticeable. :(

Edited by: TwIsTeDMiNd on Sat, 22/03/2014 - 18:07

Pages

randomness