To Developers, John "Totalbiscuit" Bain and Any Else it May Concern

• Topic locked

Pages

Too-DAMN-Much's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
To Developers, John "Totalbiscuit" Bain and Any Else it May Concern
#1 Submitted: Sat, 22/03/2014 - 09:35

This is an official notice that until this slippery handling model BULLSHIT ceases to ruin the enjoyment of any video game title with driving mechanics, i am hereby boycotting the genre as a whole, i have no interest in dumbed down driving for children who can't be bothered to practice to be any good at a game.

I understand that for some so called "fans" of driving and racing titles in video gaming (unbelievable, i've yet to see you ever put up a non-critique video about a racing/driving game) doing the things you normally do in other video games (e.g. putting in countless hours of practice to be good at them, which might i add you seem to gladly do for shooters) is an abhorrent request which you seem to recoil at the very notion of in shock and repulsion.

Thereby i see that you misrepresent your (passing) interest in these genres as it serves your ad revenue and no real passion for the genre, games, or mechanics contained therein.

Have you ruined them though, certainly not, or do i state that is the case?
Not at all, i will admit, some compromise can be reached, but the idea that it does not lower the overall quality to do so is ludicrous and totally without merit, examples i will now cite include Bugbear's Next Car Game, GRID 2 and many many others.
From a cursory inspection we can quite clearly see that while compromise can be a dangerous and damning thing to enjoyment in video games in relation to mechanics it can also be near tolerable, even in the best interpretations of these changes they are merely tolerable, Next Car Game is completely playable, enjoyable and fun even with compromised handling modeling.
However, it does leave one with a distinct lack of satisfaction in playing the actual game, to put it simply i and many others are left with the impression that while it is extremely satisfying still (due certainly to the developers skill and care) that it could be much more satisfying.
I'm not complaining as such for certain about compromise so much as i am the fact that i'm left settling for what feels like a non-ideal, it's "close but not perfect" in short.

In conclusion, i feel that despite a video response from neil barnden "Nobby" stating otherwise that my only option to get this ignorant mindset which is single-handedly destroying the enjoyment of the genre i am passionate about above all removed from gaming and therefore racing and driving titles in general, my only option is to speak with my wallet, nobby, you bold faced lied to us on this, i won't forget that, you stated that "if that's the way it must be then we will do it, but we won't have other carmageddon titles again for quite some time" for reference.
Frankly, we've waited longer than was required to give up hope of another carmageddon, if this is the last curtain call, thank you for the encore, truly.

Therefore, after effective immediately, i will pay no attention to, acknowledge none of and buy or play absolutely zero games in this genre, yes you heard me correctly, i choose to abstain from the quite frankly ignorant changes forced upon them lately.
If this is the way driving in video games must be for some of your casual-fags, then i want no part, i will sit alone and participate none in any way until changes are undone.

I will disclaim before i end here, i do enjoy C:R and will continue to do so, but this message has to be sent and not waved away, no is not an acceptable response.
Stop trying to ruin something that at least i personally am passionate about because you can't be bothered to put forth effort, you don't spend hundreds of hours in driving and racing titles, stop ruining it for those who do.

No responses to this thread are necessary, it serves as a statement only in summary:
The boycott begins now, totalbiscuit and his ilk are the enemy and this is war, i do not try to destroy things you cherish, certainly you can see returning that favor.

Thank you and goodbye, my love.

Edited by: Espyo on 22/03/2014 - 12:46 Reason: Closing per request.

"if he smiles, start running"

"keep asking stupid questions"

trolling is apparently anytime your opinion is different than mine, i'll also accuse you of baiting if you refuse to change your opinion by force.

RadiationMutt's picture
Norman E. Carnage
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sat, 22/03/2014 - 10:07

You should add tl/dr version. Can you give more detail what you mean by "slippery handling model BULLSHIT". To me it feels more like too much grip than too slippery. What does Totalbiscuit have anything to do with this.

I am concerned that drivingmodel will be dumped down for casual gamers too.

Psyrgery's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sat, 22/03/2014 - 10:16

Oh boy, I loved TB's videos but this is it, this is war.

The fucking dipshit could go and play a rear-wheeled A (or onwards) class car without driving assist so that he can find his difficulty IN A FUCKING SIMULATOR.

God I understand that some games like GRID are dumbed-down "simulators" (notice the quotes) but NGC, Carmageddons, Burnouts and the likes are RACING ARCADES, whose mu0ain attractive is to "pick up and play" without having to go through a learning curve in order to keep a car going straight.

I LOVE car simulators (such as Forza, where I can tune up small cars like Fiestas or Focus and use them to leave Ferraris in the dirt) and Live For Speed where you must try to improve your driving by being milisevonds faster per lap, but I know when I want to play a Racing simulator and when I want to play a Racing Arcade, Burnouts are great, Flatouts are great and Carmageddons arr a present from God himself.

Plus, Racing simulator physics are much more hardware demanding as they have to calculate a lot of resources and physics at the same time which is ABSOLUTRLY INNECESSARY and a COMPLETE WASTE OF RESOURCES in a Racing Arcade.

This guy is a fucking moron, like many other reviewers or Youtube "stars" with egos with a size that depends on how many dumbfucks wątch their videos, if he wants to boycott racing arcades then fine, i am going to boycott this retard by downvoting and flagging all his videos.

Max is back. Let there be blood and motor oil

RadiationMutt's picture
Norman E. Carnage
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sat, 22/03/2014 - 10:26

I just remembered that op is the one who said that keyboard is superior controller for drivin games. Every body who think keyboard is best for driving games is driving game hater and should be ignored.

Too-DAMN-Much's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sat, 22/03/2014 - 10:47

RadiationMutt wrote:
You should add tl/dr version. Can you give more detail what you mean by "slippery handling model BULLSHIT". To me it feels more like too much grip than too slippery. What does Totalbiscuit have anything to do with this.

I am concerned that drivingmodel will be dumped down for casual gamers too.

you can't corner above 40MP/H without at least one tire losing grip, in any of the vehicles.

first of all, let me clarify, this is to be peaceful, i refuse to do anything beyond urge and ask for this to stop, i will not try to harm the business of any youtube commentators, i still value his opinions and commentaries as i find them useful, for instance if he dislikes binding of isaac style roguelikes, i know for certain they're fucking awesome, he even made a video on this subject himself, even if criticism opposes what we want, there is value to it.

Psyrgery, who do you mean there?
i can only guess you're agreeing with me?
also, whether we call it "arcade" "simulator" or anything else, the problem stands, i've spent far too much time trying to t-slide the rear end of the eagle and other vehicles into pedestrians for a cunning stunt, i wasn't able to get to a point anywhere near consistency in results, sure some of the error is human and on my end, but i don't feel that practicing pays off.
you either drive the ignorant drifty way, or you're hampered for it, arcade or simulator chopping off a large portion of the skill ceiling of a game serves no purpose.

"if he smiles, start running"

"keep asking stupid questions"

trolling is apparently anytime your opinion is different than mine, i'll also accuse you of baiting if you refuse to change your opinion by force.

Mr.Deviance's picture
Piledriver
Submitted: Sat, 22/03/2014 - 10:55

What the fuck is this shitty topic?
You managed to write the entire holy bible worth of text in the first post and you didn't manage to express anything conclusive..
You make close to no fucking sense you poor POOR crazy little man...
First you insulted me for no reason and now you act like a complete fucking lunatic in this topic.

If anybody has any clue about what this idiot is saying, please fill me in.
What's this shit with totalbiscuit... Apparently the op is so batshit crazy that he can't even describe his issues, he just rather insult Stainless devs for no reason and not even give a hint about why.
Apparently, these days some idiots think that everybody is in tune with their crazy shit and everybody is supposed to guess about what they're whining.

Edited by: Mr.Deviance on Sat, 22/03/2014 - 11:11
lemonrev's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sat, 22/03/2014 - 11:13

Too damn much - Dude, i think your have gone way over your head i dont care wTF your on about with tb on the tubes but thats for you, why you post in here about it is totally beyond me.

The alpha is alpha and all your comments about nobby and whatnot are just like totally out of the frigging blue. They have released a quick patch for people to play the game, i am guessing we will get more content and maybe better or even worse controls of the cars once the 27th comes out and everyones got there hands on it. thats why stainless is wanting feedback.

You do as you please as far as going beyond the norm and just boycotting all car driving games i think your insane but you do as you please but why did you have to post in here ?.

I mean really I could have come up with something really damning if i really wanted to but i dont because i dont need to or even want to do so. So Fucking what if you have to practice to get that ped in a slide or whatnot, the whole concept is fun, if your not having fun then do something else there was no need to post anything at all.

But now you have. I think you will get more hate out of this than you even would expect so good luck to you when that shit hits the fan for your own crap.

Anways if your going then go. See ya later and really think about why the hell your posting things in forums.

Peace.

KilltheGod's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sat, 22/03/2014 - 11:15

I have no idea what he is saying. But considering that you couldn't corner at any speed in originals without front tires losing grip the driving model in C:R is awesome. :D

me-onfire's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Sat, 22/03/2014 - 11:20

@ op .. stoned ?

first i assumed totalbiscuit made some kind of hate video ... but there is nothing @ his channel

google said john bain = yogscast ... nothing evil over there either

---
so you dont like the car handling ?
feels totally awesome to me

whats your problem ?

wall of text .. no real info

Mr.Deviance's picture
Piledriver
Submitted: Sat, 22/03/2014 - 11:23

me-onfire wrote:
@ op .. stoned ?

first i assumed totalbiscuit made some kind of hate video ... but there is nothing @ his channel

google said john bain = yogscast ... nothing evil over there either

---
so you dont like the car handling ?
feels totally awesome to me

whats your problem ?

wall of text .. no real info

Yeah, I thought the same. I went and googled/youtubed totalbiscuit and carmageddon to find what totalbiscuit did but I found nothing.
Then I noticed who made the first post and suddenly realized the first post doesn't have to make sense...
Just one or two hours ago, he went full retard and insulted me exactly like a spoiled kid would do when he's being given arguments to the contrary that he just doesn't want to accept or debate maturely.

This guy is either a very young kid, either he's suffering from some brain illness or he's on meth...
If neither of these apply to him, then he can only be a troll.

Edited by: Mr.Deviance on Sat, 22/03/2014 - 11:30
Espyo's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter BackerModerator
Submitted: Sat, 22/03/2014 - 11:29

...What...? What is even. I'd like a TL;DR version, please.

I'm Espyo from the Carmageddon Wiki!
I'm currently working on a fangame engine for Pikmin games.

• Topic locked

Pages

randomness