You are here

3d stereoscopic

Too-DAMN-Much's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
3d stereoscopic
#1 Submitted: Sun, 16/03/2014 - 15:46

works like a charm for me, loving it, any of you guys given it a try with either the occulus rift or the glasses?
i've put in a feature request on the bugtracker for a screen to assist in setting the convergence properly too.

anyone reading here who wasn't tried 3d since magenta/cyan, give a rift a look if you get the chance, it's not an exaggeration when people tell you they never want to go back. :)

"if he smiles, start running"

"keep asking stupid questions"

trolling is apparently anytime your opinion is different than mine, i'll also accuse you of baiting if you refuse to change your opinion by force.

The Garbarian's picture
Norman E. Carnage
Stainless
Submitted: Sun, 13/04/2014 - 10:22

I have not been able to do this yet, but our thoughts have always been that the Oculus would not be the right device for making the game enjoyable, simple because we are an Action game with cars instead of a Racer.

However, one of these days I am going to give it a test :)))

thanks for pointing it out,
j

Gripping his wheel, his nun-chaku's went white with desire...

Gorth_le_Barbare's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Mon, 14/04/2014 - 12:09

With 3D vision shadows are at wrong depth. It's too bad because apart of that, the 3D effect is awesome with all the blood, car and corpses parts flying through the screen.

Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Mon, 14/04/2014 - 16:40

I took some screenshots to show how great it looks despite the shadow problem.

GeOs's picture
Norman E. Carnage
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Tue, 15/04/2014 - 07:52

Maaaaaaan! Shots ARE AWESOME!
Dear Stainless guys, 3D support is a must-have. Just imagine how you play in 3D mode on LARGE flat panel or with Oculus Rift! I Vote Fucking Yes for the 3D-feature!

Norkee's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Wed, 16/04/2014 - 04:51

what do you use to get the game to run in 3d? I do have it hooked up to my 3d tv.

GeOs's picture
Norman E. Carnage
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Wed, 16/04/2014 - 05:47

Norkee wrote:
what do you use to get the game to run in 3d? I do have it hooked up to my 3d tv.

I think, this
http://www.nvidia.com/object/3dtv-play-overview.html

Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 16/04/2014 - 06:43

For this you'll need a nvidia graphic card and emitter. Altenatively, you can try 3D drivers, they have trial period :
http://www.ddd.com/tridef-products/tridef-experience/
http://www.iz3d.com/select_download

Don't buy anything if it's only for this game because the 3D is not supported yet.

The Garbarian's picture
Norman E. Carnage
Stainless
Submitted: Wed, 16/04/2014 - 08:18

It is gonna take awhile before we get to this.
But I trust you that it is awesome!

j

Gripping his wheel, his nun-chaku's went white with desire...

Dodo Bizar's picture
Norman E. Carnage
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 16/04/2014 - 19:37

I simply use a pair of red/cyan glasses to watch the screenshots (rename to *.jps + Nvidia 3D Vision viewer) and love it. Usually I play 3D only on my tv, but this may make me buy a decent 3D monitor fot the PC as well if it gets incorperated. I especially like the shot of caddy fatcat and the billboard where all of a sudden the car feels more 3D-y , the bodywork all of a sudden comes to live so to say.

Inicus's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Sat, 07/02/2015 - 10:20

Nice screenshots.

I have to say, Reincarnation looks stunning in 3D, with smoke, sparks and limbs flying everywhere and vehicles tumbling through the streets.

But I'm getting similar lighting/shadow discrepencies between the left and right eye in certain areas of the levels, where it seems like the shadows are just a few metres apart from each other for some reason. But there are also plenty of places where it either isn't there, or it is too subtle to notice. I have been able to minimise the problem by going into the visual options and choosing:
Shadows - Off
Headlight Shadows - Off
Shadow Culling Factor - 0

That seems to get rid of most of the problem in the vast majority of cases. Although there are still a few places that have odd shadows, like I said, it is amazing and very playable.

I'm using an Asus VG248QE 3D Monitor and Nvidia 3D vision 2 glasses. I'm never going to play Carmageddon again without them. So pretty. So gory.
But I hope the developers do fix up some of these lighting/shadow problems.

randomness