You are here

Lets kick off modding! :D

Pages

Trent's picture
I was in the War!
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Sat, 15/03/2014 - 22:54

shane wrote:
Good stuff guys! Didn't think it would take too long before you'd start modding! Looks like your getting down and dirty :p

If only we could figure out the LOL decompiling and model formats we will be set :D

lemonrev's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sat, 15/03/2014 - 22:57

The config file in zad/scripts.zad file can no longer be edited. It seems the game wants you to use the keys assinged in game :(, Meaning i can no longer use the numberpad_ < command under keys, its a bit of a shame but unless someone has a thought on this im welcome to it ?.

suicidal_banana's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sat, 15/03/2014 - 23:18

Nice job matt! added to first post

Edit:
@lemonrev; you did try PC_NUMPAD_8 right? because it looks like i can edit my controls a-ok, so im guessing you didnt see me post the numpad thingy before? (see post #16 at page 2)

Edited by: suicidal_banana on Sun, 16/03/2014 - 11:59

Ooooh, hard nipples. Noooo.... :( *limp nipples* Hmmm, vanilla nipples!

Mad Max RW's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sun, 16/03/2014 - 16:51

I'm wondering is it too early for a separate Carmageddon Reincarnation modding board? Or is it never too early?

Trent's picture
I was in the War!
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Sun, 16/03/2014 - 16:59

Updating on the normal maps, I've got it decoding and creating the correct sized PNG, but it doesn't seem to be decoding quite correctly as there's a lot of odd artefacts and incorrect colours so I'll have to work on it some more and figure out what the problem is. I assume it's to do with the way I'm constructing the colour index.

Edit: oh and Nobby says he's going to talk to the team about the LUA code so we can dive into that: https://mobile.twitter.com/nobby_SG/status/445203583953170433?screen_name=nobby_SG

Edited by: Trent on Sun, 16/03/2014 - 17:07

subzero's picture
Norman E. Carnage
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sun, 16/03/2014 - 17:17

Wow, thats awesome! I Thought they would be a bit shy to let us dive too deep into anything yet. I look forward to getting down and dirty.

Too-DAMN-Much's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sun, 16/03/2014 - 17:34

subzero wrote:
Wow, thats awesome! I Thought they would be a bit shy to let us dive too deep into anything yet. I look forward to getting down and dirty.

nonsense, all the games so far have had a cheatcode of some sort that totally decrypt the games files for us to mess with them.

IWANTTOFIDDLE for C1 in the race menu.

for C2 (from what i can find, not 100% positive this one is correct) IWANTTOFIDDLE but at the car selection screen, according to gamewinners.com.

for... the third... hereComesTrouble (case sensitive) followed by enter will enable the developer console and i know for a fact there was a code for it that decrypted all the files too, i've edited them myself, but none of the websites i'm finding know about it.

Edited by: Too-DAMN-Much on Sun, 16/03/2014 - 17:35

"if he smiles, start running"

"keep asking stupid questions"

trolling is apparently anytime your opinion is different than mine, i'll also accuse you of baiting if you refuse to change your opinion by force.

lemonrev's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sun, 16/03/2014 - 17:54

suicide_banana <

Nice job matt! added to first post

Edit:
@lemonrev; you did try PC_NUMPAD_8 right? because it looks like i can edit my controls a-ok, so im guessing you didnt see me post the numpad thingy before? (see post #16 at page 2)

I was mearly asking again because i have tryed this and i could not get the number-pad to respond, i did manage before the patch to get the num pad to wrok, but maybe it all has to be like capitals or something. Regardless i will attempt again and keep the config file saved somewhere else so i can just import it across every time theres a patch ?.

I was wondering if it might have been better for stainless to have those compressed files inside the one file uncompressed as it would have made little difference to the size on the hard drive unless they are doing that to keep just players of games away from self destructing the game :P

Edited by: lemonrev on Sun, 16/03/2014 - 17:55
elsenator's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sun, 16/03/2014 - 18:07

Trent wrote:
Updating on the normal maps, I've got it decoding and creating the correct sized PNG, but it doesn't seem to be decoding quite correctly as there's a lot of odd artefacts and incorrect colours so I'll have to work on it some more and figure out what the problem is. I assume it's to do with the way I'm constructing the colour index.

Edit: oh and Nobby says he's going to talk to the team about the LUA code so we can dive into that: https://mobile.twitter.com/nobby_SG/status/445203583953170433?screen_name=nobby_SG

That is some good news right there! :D

// El Senator aka Muldjord
muldjord.com
downpitch.net

subzero's picture
Norman E. Carnage
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sun, 16/03/2014 - 18:26

Too-DAMN-Much wrote:
subzero wrote:

nonsense, all the games so far have had a cheatcode of some sort that totally decrypt the games files for us to mess with them.

IWANTTOFIDDLE for C1 in the race menu.

for C2 (from what i can find, not 100% positive this one is correct) IWANTTOFIDDLE but at the car selection screen, according to gamewinners.com.

for... the third... hereComesTrouble (case sensitive) followed by enter will enable the developer console and i know for a fact there was a code for it that decrypted all the files too, i've edited them myself, but none of the websites i'm finding know about it.

Of course I know they would let us eventually, but with a launch of the pre alpha and constant bug fixes and testing going on by the community, I just assumed ( poorly at that, a good thing in this case) that they would hold off for a bit as things got closer to release.

Pages