I was in the War!
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Sun, 16/02/2014 - 23:59

Uhhh... thanks? But why?

lemonrev's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Mon, 17/02/2014 - 00:12

Look at Fatcat's blog on cars we start to go on about powerslide and he said gog version doesnt have a manual so i had one and scanned it in thats why :P

FatCat's picture
I was in the War!
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Mon, 17/02/2014 - 00:51

Thanks Lemonrev, also that CD art is soooo siiiiiick, daaaaaamn!

lemonrev's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Mon, 17/02/2014 - 00:53

got a copy in gog.com comunity i think its more funny than anything else but hey take what you can when you can get it :P

Mad Max's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Mon, 17/02/2014 - 11:05

As a kid this was my most desired game to play. I only had one magazine with review of this game but my PC was crap and I never managed to find the game on CD either. When I grown up I tried the game and I was greatly disappointed by the small number of cars :\

lemonrev's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Mon, 17/02/2014 - 11:18

Dont worry about the amount of cars to race agents its all about the slide and the race, its a hard game great graphics for its time but its a shame you never could pick it up and play it when you where younger.

Great stuff gog is always around :P

Mad Max's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Tue, 18/02/2014 - 17:56

Yes actually, the graphics were the best thing I've ever seen back then :D I was looking at the pictures and I was like Holy shit is this the real life! :D

KazzyMac's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Tue, 11/03/2014 - 19:55

This thread made me go buy the game.

... No really, it did.

I'm a pretty big fan of the whole free-roam/off-road/post-apocalyptic trope so this looks like I'll enjoy it once I can be assed to set my xbox pad up for it. Had ten minutes just getting the graphics set up and seeing how the cars handle, will probably play it good and proper tomorrow.

Thanks, thread. :)

Carmageddon: Let's face it; reality is BORING.

My Lam0r Rig.

FatCat's picture
I was in the War!
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Tue, 11/03/2014 - 20:01

KazzyMac wrote:

... No really, it did.

I'm a pretty big fan of the whole free-roam/off-road/post-apocalyptic trope so this looks like I'll enjoy it once I can be assed to set my xbox pad up for it. Had ten minutes just getting the graphics set up and seeing how the cars handle, will probably play it good and proper tomorrow.

Cheers!

KazzyMac's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Tue, 11/03/2014 - 22:17

FatCat wrote:
KazzyMac wrote:

... No really, it did.

Cheers!

Playing it now. it's pretty fun. Shows its age but given it's from 1998 I'm hugely, hugely impressed by the texture quality.

Dumb question though ... is there no replay mode/option? Something I know a lot of old games did have and something I always enjoyed using.

Carmageddon: Let's face it; reality is BORING.

My Lam0r Rig.

Pages

randomness