You are here

What's this about drivers through windscreens?!

Pages

Toxic's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
What's this about drivers through windscreens?!
#1 Submitted: Tue, 01/10/2013 - 12:33

I hope that's not leading to 'drivers wandering around out of the car', unless it's an opponent :-P

Psyrgery's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Tue, 01/10/2013 - 12:45

I believe it has been addressed before, remember Flatout? A big crash and the driver would be ejected through the windscreen screaming.

In Carmageddon Reincarnation, when an opponent is wasted in a violent crash/at very high speeds, the driver would be ejected through the windscreen, I believe you can run him/her over for extra points.

I believe it was addressed in one Reddit's AMA.

Hope your doubts are clear now!

Max is back. Let there be blood and motor oil

shane's picture
Community Manager
Stainless
Submitted: Tue, 01/10/2013 - 13:18

It was discussed in our Reddit AMA's during the Kickstarter campaign. A recap on the feature:

First AMA wrote:
Drivers are not going to be running around but vehicles will have drivers who can be ejected through the windshield in a heavy impact. (Although some drivers may actually turn up as special, high value peds in certain levels...)

Second AMA wrote:
it's almost certain that the opponents will only be ejected from their car when they're wasted. The game's about car combat, and that fact needs to always be at the core of any such decisions about the implementation of funny set-pieces.

You can read the full summary of our AMA's here and here

Edited by: shane on Tue, 01/10/2013 - 13:18
Trent's picture
I was in the War!
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Tue, 01/10/2013 - 13:21

To add to what Psygery said, as far as I'm aware it will only happen when a car is wasted from a powerful head on collision. If it's not wasted, the driver won't get ejected.

Edit: ah, damn, Shane beat me to it!

Edited by: Trent on Tue, 01/10/2013 - 14:47

bakerman1971's picture
Fluffy Bunny
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Tue, 01/10/2013 - 13:49

Brilliant, that was one of the most hilarious things about Flatout :)
Itching to get my hands on Reincarnation ....

Toxic's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Tue, 01/10/2013 - 16:56

Psyrgery wrote:
I believe it has been addressed before, remember Flatout? A big crash and the driver would be ejected through the windscreen screaming.

In Carmageddon Reincarnation, when an opponent is wasted in a violent crash/at very high speeds, the driver would be ejected through the windscreen, I believe you can run him/her over for extra points.

I believe it was addressed in one Reddit's AMA.

Hope your doubts are clear now!

I missed the AMA so I didn't know that! I'm fine with opponents through windscreens :-)

MOV_Games's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Tue, 01/10/2013 - 18:12

I hope it doesn't happen 100% of the time with high speed wrecks, and some of the cars in Carma are built so that wouldn't happen anyway (Suppressor has no windows), im okay with this though.

Speaking of being wasted, I've been curious (and worried) that Reincarnation won't have the best thing from past Carma's in it's new Crush Code, the one crucial touch for me. Splitting in Half. Though if it is it may need to be toned down from how much it happened in Carma 2.

Edited by: MOV_Games on Tue, 01/10/2013 - 18:19
Trent's picture
I was in the War!
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Tue, 01/10/2013 - 19:17

MOV_Games wrote:
I hope it doesn't happen 100% of the time with high speed wrecks, and some of the cars in Carma are built so that wouldn't happen anyway (Suppressor has no windows), im okay with this though.

Speaking of being wasted, I've been curious (and worried) that Reincarnation won't have the best thing from past Carma's in it's new Crush Code, the one crucial touch for me. Splitting in Half. Though if it is it may need to be toned down from how much it happened in Carma 2.

I would assume some cars will be more likely to be ejected than others. Convertibles would probably be very susceptible to it, the plough and twister would be less likely and suppressor would never happen.

Also I'm fairly sure someone mentioned that cars splitting in two was a key goal in the car crushing code.

pologik's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Tue, 01/10/2013 - 20:01

yeah they already said cars could be split in two

Quote:
Crush, bend, twist, and completely mangle your opponents’ and your own car – smash parts off, or split it in two; This game is all about wrecking motors and pummelling pedestrians

It's in "reincarnation --> game features --> vehicles" on this website

Edited by: pologik on Tue, 01/10/2013 - 20:05
MOV_Games's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Tue, 01/10/2013 - 21:01

Thanks for that. I wish I had enough time to be able to read everything on this site.

Ka-Boom's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Wed, 02/10/2013 - 06:53

I'd love to see Don Dumpster ejected from his vehicle lol

Dazed and confused

Pages