You are here

Bugbears 'Next Car Game' game

Pages

Purple44's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 14/11/2013 - 22:58

Here it is, Bugbear has release video of some ingame racing on a dirt track. :)

Note: This is pre-alpha build of Next Car Game.

Quote:
Team Bugbear -
This is the moment you’ve all been waiting for: we’re finally ready to show you some proper racing action on a dirt track! Here we are testing with a powerful rear-wheel drive car how our handling works on gravel, and we’re glad to let you know that it feels SUPERB!

Thanks to our great physics, you really get the full white-knuckle racing experience with Next Car Game, if that’s what you prefer. On the other hand, if you’re a budding race car driver, you can still enjoy the game (and remain competitive!) by enabling a selection of driving aids.

Please note that the game is still very much work-in-progress, and what you see is not representative of the final quality. For example the track has not been properly decorated yet, and there’s a lot of additional polish that’s going to be done on it. Also, the player car damage has been disabled for the demonstration purposes.

Check out the video on our Kickstarter page and let us know what you think!

As you know, we still have a plenty of distance to cover if we’re going to succeed with our Kickstarter campaign, but you can help us meet our goal. Now it’s time for the racing game fans to unite and show us that you want a game like Next Car Game! Our team is having great fun playing the game, and we feel that no other game can match the amazing racing experience offered by Next Car Game. We can’t wait to share it with you!

PLEASE SUPPORT US AND SPREAD THE WORD!

As a bonus, here’s a few new screenshots from the same track:

Go Purple!

The Kickstarter campaign slowed down this last week, with only about 2 weeks left, Flatout fans need to get the word out and support Bugbear so they can give us the extra features they would like to add to NCG game. After watching video and you know you going want to buy Bugbear new derby/racing, go pledge $20 and pickup NCG cheap. Pledge $30 and you get to test out alpha/Early Access version later on.

Edited by: Purple44 on Thu, 14/11/2013 - 23:15
lemonrev's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Fri, 15/11/2013 - 06:17

just put $40 bucks down, Really cant afford that much more due to xmas comming up around the corner.

But I think im more interested in what can happen in terms of modding this game as it could turn into something like a genuine rally car game with better than ever tracks and things as such go.

but Yea Ill certainly be one to go for that :).

hammr25's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sat, 16/11/2013 - 15:33

Even if the Kickstarter "fails" the game will still get made. People who are pledging via Kickstarter should just go to the Next Car Game website and pledge there if the Kickstarter doesn't get funded.

lemonrev's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Fri, 22/11/2013 - 21:02

if you got to there website now, and you pledge 25$ which i have done you will get a copy of there awsume test build that allows you to beat the living crap out of 29 racers plus do whatever you wish to your car in verious stunts and things. anyways might even make a vid of it if i find out theres no nda on it. But because theres only so much you can do with a test build i have tryed most if not all of the things in it so the game looks like its really going to be a smasher for sure :P

timmy76's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sat, 23/11/2013 - 02:40
lemonrev's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sat, 23/11/2013 - 07:31

ok so you get a damage test track as i said 29 ai that from the start attach eatch other from the test demo thing i might even do a video for you guys, cause i can :P, anyways got lots of play things to destroy the car and its got live damage and i can tell you lots of damage can be done. While i think about it, i might just do that, ill make the video private but ill do a vid and ill get back to you guys if you can watch it live though the channel or whatnot.

roadsweeper just the sort of thing i was thinking of but yea tec demo sweetest thing i have played only a little bit since it gets kinda boring quickly but dang you can do a lot of shit in that lol

Edited by: lemonrev on Sat, 23/11/2013 - 07:40
Trent's picture
I was in the War!
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Sat, 23/11/2013 - 22:33

That looks awesome. From the video it looks like it beats the shit out of BeamNG and was enough to make me preorder it.

SapoPT's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 05/12/2013 - 21:56

They released a new version of the tech demo, now with more things to try, free camera, and you can even pick up objects and throw them to see the physics of the game. I've been trying it, and it looks great.

You should do the same in carmageddon! It would be great

MuscleCarFreak's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sat, 21/12/2013 - 23:22

I also preordered it and tried the tech demo, but so far I'm not too fond of the damage system. It acts like it doesn't take the different parts of the car in account (some are tougher than others) and just squishes the whole car like play dough. I prefer the BeamNG damage model by far, it's actually the only one I would call better than Carma2's.
However, I think Bugbear tweaks more for performance and 20 cars in a demolition derby is awesome in itsself.

Purple44's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Fri, 03/01/2014 - 17:19

Thanks to all them youtude videos of the Sneak Peek playground demo and the pre-alpha release before Christmas, Bugbear has now reach their 10,000 pre-order goal:

Early Access through Steam.
16,885 Backers
$ 491,331

Next Car Game - Early Access Pre-Alpha Gameplay video

Now Bugbear can take some extra time and add some extra stuff they want to do before releasing Next Car Game. And no middle man publisher to screw things up!! ;D

Quote:
Bugbear >>>
Why Do We Need Your Help?

It’s actually very simple. This is not going to be a small game, we have a lot of ambition on what Next Car Game could be. We’ve invested over one million dollars into the game already. This would normally be the time when we go looking for a publisher to take us the rest of the way. This time, however, we want to make the game that we want – the game that you want – not the game that a publisher wants. Making games costs some serious money, but if everything goes well, we’ll have a great, tight-knit community that’s going to support a lot of awesome content over the years!

We at Bugbear have a long track-record of making high-octane racing games, and we know that we can pull it through with your support. We’ve been making racing games for over 13 years, and this is our tenth (10 !) game. We’re recreating a type of experience we’ve already shipped three times on four different platforms, so we do know what we’re doing.

"Next Car Game" pre-order may go live on Steam this month and hopefully Bugbear will have pick the official new name for NCG.

Edited by: Purple44 on Fri, 03/01/2014 - 17:30

Pages