You are here

Bugbears 'Next Car Game' game

Pages

hammr25's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sat, 14/09/2013 - 00:02

Yeah, I can't imagine they want crushed cars that aren't drivable anymore since people will then complain the game is too hard because they died again.

Dave3d's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sat, 14/09/2013 - 04:46

A bugbear interview/gameplay reactions video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxeB5c6fLMk

Dave3d's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sat, 14/09/2013 - 04:50

hammr25 wrote:
Yeah, I can't imagine they want crushed cars that aren't drivable anymore since people will then complain the game is too hard because they died again.

Again, there is a switch that you can toggle.
It toggles real life damage (it will make the car drive VERY badly if you get cruched, lose a tire, etc, real damage), and 'arcade damage' (that means your car will drive the same no matter how much damage it takes, or how twisted it looks.
:D

Craftworth's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sat, 14/09/2013 - 18:42

Well, I still prefer realistic damage system from BeamNG.drive.
Carmageddon Reincarnation - your turn! :)

Too-DAMN-Much's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sun, 15/09/2013 - 01:50

Craftworth wrote:
Well, I still prefer realistic damage system from BeamNG.drive.
Carmageddon Reincarnation - your turn! :)

i thought that too until i tried beamNG.

either way, next car game is getting dangerously close to my wallet.

"if he smiles, start running"

"keep asking stupid questions"

trolling is apparently anytime your opinion is different than mine, i'll also accuse you of baiting if you refuse to change your opinion by force.

Purple44's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 19/09/2013 - 00:22

In less than 2 weeks Bugbear "Next Car Game" has been Greenlighted by Steam!! :)

This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=176123360

From Bugbear twitter page today:

BugbearEntertainment ‏@bugbeargames 2h

We have been approved for a Steam release after a very nice and fast ride through Greenlight. Thanks everyone!

Dave3d's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 19/09/2013 - 03:36

Oh yeah!
Although I would rather have it on gog.
:)

Too-DAMN-Much's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 19/09/2013 - 23:25

yeah noticed it's been greenlighted too, glad to hear it, also glad they're so honest and open about everything in general, that if nothing else is one good thing the rise of indies and kickstarter has done, given the voice back to the paying customer and silenced the fucktard shareholders, more or less.

[edit] and then i think about rockstar and GTA V. crow tastes like shit by the way [/edit]

Edited by: Too-DAMN-Much on Thu, 19/09/2013 - 23:26

"if he smiles, start running"

"keep asking stupid questions"

trolling is apparently anytime your opinion is different than mine, i'll also accuse you of baiting if you refuse to change your opinion by force.

Purple44's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Fri, 20/09/2013 - 06:26

Here some new info about NCG pre-oders:

website pre-order vs steam??

Joonas Laakso wrote:
crazychris4124 wrote:
i also posted this on steam but

will there be any difference between those who purchased on steam and those who purchased on your website?? i got the wrecker edition which gives me a bonus car

We're not sure yet how we're going to structure the Steam Early Access. Likely it's a one size fits all deal (low price and just the game); if you want the good stuff, you need to pre-order from us. We really prefer pre-orders from us as that leaves us with considerably more of the money.

Pre-orders from us do come with Steam keys now that we're through Greenlight (once we have a Steam build available, naturally).

panic's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Wed, 02/10/2013 - 08:28

Parts shouldn't fly off so fast. That's about the only annoyance about all the flatout games.

Pages