You are here

Blog: Madical Radical at Rockingham!

Pages

Batwick's picture
Stainless
Stainless
Blog: Madical Radical at Rockingham!
#1 Submitted: Wed, 05/06/2013 - 12:10

So, after my first outing in the madical Radical at Snetterton, it was off to Cockingham… errr, I mean Rockingham… for second helpings. Rockingham is a US-style banked oval – but for this event, they were using about half the oval plus a complicated infield that looked like a carefully drawn diagram of somebody else’s intestines.

Read the rest of this blog here

Edited by: shane on 28/06/2013 - 17:33

Stainless CEO and co-founder, Carma lead programmer and co-designer, fat, hairy, loud, usually drunk, no sense of self-preservation, says 'cunt' a lot, especially at weddings and funerals.

Lestibournes's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 05/06/2013 - 12:28

From the video it looks like you're not even doing basic stuff like hugging the inside of a turn to shorten the distance.

alexistrak's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 05/06/2013 - 12:29

hum... i want my carmageddon rencarnation, not see a joying and greace of yourselfs... trailer? Game?

And translate boices at spañish... ¬¬ im not pay a kikstater for this...

Sorry but, dislike :(

XmattbeeX's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 05/06/2013 - 12:37

You should probably make a point of saying none of the kickstarter money was used for this, just to put peoples minds at rest.. Could rub people up the wrong way who gave you money and are expecting updates on the game and not your jollies, what with it looking like it could be years away still. Just a thought.

vampsinthe78's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 05/06/2013 - 12:45

Far be it from me to defend the actions of an adult, but have you thought why carmageddon has such a great feeling of physics and speed? It's because these guys do this FOR REAL. They race cars and make great games. It's also very good for getting the publicity you need for a successful high profile game title out there! The game is progressing well and I have no problem with Batwick or anyone else track racing for research, fun or whatever. Lighten up! :)

alexistrak's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 05/06/2013 - 12:47

ok

snow's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 05/06/2013 - 12:48

I throught we are supporting game development. :o

Edited by: snow on Wed, 05/06/2013 - 12:48
MickiMatsu's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Wed, 05/06/2013 - 12:54

Hopefully you'll follow this up with you driving a dragster next time :D

A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'

Trent's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Wed, 05/06/2013 - 13:00

Lestibournes wrote:
From the video it looks like you're not even doing basic stuff like hugging the inside of a turn to shorten the distance.

Hugging the inside of a turn may shorten the distance but it's not the fastest way around a corner. To take a corner at speed it's best start from the opposite edge of the track and turn in to hit the apex of the corner and come out wide again, so you only come on the inside at the corner's apex. You cover more distance but you can take such a line much faster. Hugging the inside invariably means you have a much tighter turn and thus have to go slower to make it around without ending up going off the track when you exit it.

I really enjoyed this update, especially the video. It may not be a development related post but it's certainly relevant as it's promotion for the game and can be considered research for driving physics. Shame you didn't crash it for research into car damage, Batwick ;)

On a side note, will the Madical Radical be in the game? :D

Edited by: Trent on Wed, 05/06/2013 - 13:01

Want mods? Want tools? Get them in the modding section!
http://www.carmageddon.com/forums/modding/carmageddon-reincarnation

My tools: LOLDecoder, GibbedTools for C:R, CRAP, CUNT
My mods: Carmageddon 1 Levels, Carmageddon 1 Cars

Mrkth's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 05/06/2013 - 13:14

Please stop making these stupid blogs and start working on a trailer or any detail of the game! :)

Carmageddon, best game ever!

Simista's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Stainless
Submitted: Wed, 05/06/2013 - 13:18

I just want to make one thing VERY CLEAR kickstarter money DID NOT pay for this!!... see this as Batwick letting you in on one of his favourite hobbies! ....and... its fantastic for promotional purposes :)

Keep Calm and Draw Cocks

Pages