You are here

Freezing - CyanogenMod ROM

Pages

dvine's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
PayPal Backer
Freezing - CyanogenMod ROM
#1 Submitted: Sat, 11/05/2013 - 15:38

Just a note that I am getting lock-ups playing on my Galaxy S2 using CyanogenMod 4.2.2 latest nightly.

10-15 seconds into the game would cause my phone to lock up and cannot do anything to it apart from removing the battery for a cold reboot.

Not really expect a fix any time soon, but hope the next update will correct it - but so excited to be able to lay in bed and just play C1 on my handheld might have to wait for another few weeks I guess for a fix before this will happen. Missed the damn promo by 2 hours, argh! Ohh well a couple bucks well spent, just hope that I can play it soon.

Help development team...

Edited by: dvine on 12/05/2013 - 06:10

Summner's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Sat, 11/05/2013 - 16:21

+1 same here, same setup, same freeze bug.
I've tried to launch CarmageddonPromo couple times now, each and every time it causes whole phone to freeze (often also glitching sound on the same short sample). I haven't timed it but as poster above stated it seems to happen around 15 seconds after starting the Game. IIRC it even happened once within menu, when entering parts shop.

If needed I can perform additional testing for you guys. I'm no stranger to android tools (adb) and linux development (from kernel to userspace) etc.

P

Sickness's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sat, 11/05/2013 - 16:32

Running CyanogenMod 9. It worked fine the very first time but every game after that returned me to my home screen before loading the race and even hard rebooted my phone 3 times.
Since it did work the first time I figured some setting might be acting up so I cleared the application data but that sadly didn't help.

MankyDingo's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Sun, 12/05/2013 - 00:24

I also have a SGS2 CM10.1 freezing issue. Menuys and everything seems great but very soon after starting the race, it freezes the whole phone and I have to hold down the power button to restart the whole phone.

dvine's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Sun, 12/05/2013 - 06:08

Just thought I would give you guys some feedback - because I wanted to play this so badly, I actually wiped and installed another ROM onto my phone. Removed the CM 10 mod install and installed NeatROM closest thing to a stock 4.1.2 vanilla install I have found so far. Carmageddon has worked perfectly fine thus far. Perhaps you could dual boot if you wish to play this on a rooted android device and did not want to wipe your CM install.

Carmageddon is in my blood, I didn't care that I've had to lose some of CM's advantages.

But hope they can identify the issue anyhow, but I doubt they will invest time in trying to troubleshoot/fix a mod related issue. Unless this is perhaps more widespread than the identified CM or extending to other AOSP/AOKP specific configurations.

hazardic's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sun, 12/05/2013 - 12:11

any program developer will not guarantee work with custom roms. did you really think dev team shall test roms besides they test different devices? lol

MankyDingo's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Sun, 12/05/2013 - 22:54

Quote:
any program developer will not guarantee work with custom roms. did you really think dev team shall test roms besides they test different devices? lol

No, but I at least expected other users with the same issue and ROM to help each other in discovering how to get it to stop freezing.

Thankfully user 'dvine' has done just that and has potentially helped someone as opposed to what you've done and just been a smartass.

If you can't help, don't bother posting. Troll somewhere else.

Now, if anyone else has any good ideas that would be great.

Parias's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Mon, 13/05/2013 - 03:29

Yup, I've been running into this same issue with CYM as well on my SGS2. I understand supporting third party ROMs can be a challenge, but it'd be great to at least understand what the specific technical cause of this is so that one could work towards a fix. I wonder what it is about CYM that actually causes this particular problem.

xcom's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Mon, 13/05/2013 - 07:01

I have the same problem, Galaxy S2 using Slimbean 4.2.2 and I just can play 1 min without freezing. A friend of mine plays on a 4.1.2 ROM and the game runs smoothly. I really love this game and bought it but I don't want to swtich to a 4.1.2 ROM, help please!

hazardic's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Mon, 13/05/2013 - 07:30

MankyDingo wrote:
Quote:

If you can't help, don't bother posting. Troll somewhere else.

wrong. there is no such a solution to fix a problem. until devs will decide to help all the people with a smart custom roms. as dvine said highly doubtful they will invest time and resources to investigate the issue - and i agreed.
because this is a common problem with any program, running on mods
don't bother to blame somebody in trolling thus far you don't understand how development works

dvine's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Tue, 14/05/2013 - 00:05

I am beginning to wonder if this is purely a 4.2.2 related issue and not a ROM issue. As stated above, another problem in 4.2.2. But 4.1.2 appears to be good with this initial release build of Carma for android. Food for thought I guess.

My advice for people with 4.2.2 issues, dual boot 4.1.2 and 4.2.2 (can be done with the Galaxy S2).

Pages

randomness