You are here

News: This IS the droid NEWS you’re looking for!

Pages

shane's picture
Community Manager
Stainless
News: This IS the droid NEWS you’re looking for!
#1 Submitted: Fri, 03/05/2013 - 09:09

Great news everyone! We can finally announce that our port of the original Carmageddon will be making its way to Android phones and tablets soon. And by soon, we mean NEXT WEEK!!!

Edited by: shane on 17/05/2013 - 15:45
Warning's picture
Norman E. Carnage
Submitted: Fri, 03/05/2013 - 09:28

And the forum explodes in 5, 4, 3, 2...

Ladies, gentlemen and children of all ages, it's time to.....PUNT THE CU:NT!

Engel1916 on Twich, I don't stream but I do appear on the Carma stream chat. I'm the tedious one. ;P

Fasckira's picture
Fluffy Bunny
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Fri, 03/05/2013 - 09:30

It looks awesome but.... any chance we'll see a WP version of this....? *coughs*

Speed up, turn the wipers on.

Jimothey's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Fri, 03/05/2013 - 09:42

Don't say that. It's taken them long enough to get the Android port out. how long would it take on windows Phone?. oh, maybe it'll run the GOG version, have you tried that? Does it run pretty much the same as Windows Desktop?
but I digress.. This is Great news!, and I'm sure the Andoid guy is happy too to be let out of his cupboard.

Carma Killer's Gonna Get You!

Fasckira's picture
Fluffy Bunny
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Fri, 03/05/2013 - 09:50

Jimothey wrote:
-snip-

Can't see it running the GOG version, WP isn't quite that pick up and play! The new WP8 however is considerably easier to dev for however which is why we're starting to see more apps make their way across to WP thankfully. Admittedly cant see it happening with Carmageddon though, was more just a light tease question on my behalf. :p

Speed up, turn the wipers on.

Trent's picture
I was in the War!
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Fri, 03/05/2013 - 09:51

Jimothey wrote:
Don't say that. It's taken them long enough to get the Android port out. how long would it take on windows Phone?. oh, maybe it'll run the GOG version, have you tried that? Does it run pretty much the same as Windows Desktop?
but I digress.. This is Great news!, and I'm sure the Andoid guy is happy too to be let out of his cupboard.

Windows Phone is as much like Windows as iOS is like OSX. Realistically it shouldn't be as difficult to make a WP8 version of it as the Android version, though, as WP8's graphics API is DX11 (though only feature level 9_3) and supports pure C++. Still a shit ton of work, though, and while I would love to have it on my Lumia 920 I would prefer the development resources required for it stay focussed on Reincarnation.

Great to see the Android version is finished, though.

Jimothey's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Fri, 03/05/2013 - 09:58

I do apologise. I was thinking he had 8 on his phone. Sorry for all the confusion.

Carma Killer's Gonna Get You!

derdelush's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Fri, 03/05/2013 - 11:03

Is there a list of supported devices?

jimday's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Fri, 03/05/2013 - 11:06

neat! will inform all my friends!

*Smack! goes the weasel....

Metalfist's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Fri, 03/05/2013 - 11:22

Awesome news indeed! Wondering if it will work on my cheap HTC Wildfire S..

JoeTheDino's picture
Fluffy Bunny
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Fri, 03/05/2013 - 12:02

Now THIS is a great news! Thank you guys!

Pages