You are here

Will you support Android 4's native gamepad API?

Pages

ahrmageddohn's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Mon, 11/11/2013 - 19:25

Great, we got controller support. But just xperia ones :( What about bluetooth controller? I tried it, but most buttons only reacts as "back/close" button. so i cant start a game... please add support for bluetooth gamepad devices, too.

Telinoz's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Tue, 07/01/2014 - 08:32

I just picked a bluetooth Gamepad controller for Android, it's a Moga Pro Power unit:
http://www.mogaanywhere.com/controllers/propower

Fantastic Gamepad, playing well with a lot of supported games.
It also has a HID mode for games that can accept input from HID devices, then you can program your pad.
If it's native, it works right away.

Carmageddon was one of my favourite games back in the 90's, I got it right away (full paid version) and it is fun using the touch screen but I would love to use a controller.
I also have a MHL adaptor that works with my HTC One, so unless I can use this game with a controller I can't play it on my 50" TV!!

I've read on this forum that it's been on the cards since May 2013, is there any progress or updates?

Comitatensis's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Tue, 22/04/2014 - 18:38

Is there any news at all?
I do not have the xperia play and any workaround possibilities requires a rooted phone, which voids any warranty.

Jesy_par's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Mon, 11/08/2014 - 09:50

Great Port of Carmageddon! Runs well on my Minix Neo X5! Gamepad support would be awesome!

Steel_Blueflame's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Sat, 23/08/2014 - 16:28

Android dev and user here, is there any update on the progress of this getting game pad support? i was only able to get the analog stick to work on my moga game pad through a lot of input trickery. an update would be nice....

"Those who are about to die, we salute you!"

shane's picture
Community Manager
Stainless
Submitted: Mon, 01/09/2014 - 10:55

Steel_Blueflame wrote:
Android dev and user here, is there any update on the progress of this getting game pad support? i was only able to get the analog stick to work on my moga game pad through a lot of input trickery. an update would be nice....

We would love to bring more game pad support to our mobile version of Carmageddon but unfortunately all our focus at present is on the development of Carmageddon: Reincarnation. The same goes for an Ouya version. We'd love to get the game out on as many platforms as possible and reach as many fans as we can but Reincarnation remains our main priority at present.

jecartas's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Fri, 28/11/2014 - 11:41

This game must have gamepad support, please, make it! touch controlled racing suxx

superuwe's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Mon, 15/06/2015 - 10:55

ReinCARnation is released, so any news on this one?
BTW: The Full Carma Funsize Version seems NOT to be available thru Google Play Store in Germany. WTF?
If this can't be undone, please provide a cewnsored version....

Pages

randomness