You are here

'Peds on map' powerup location

Pages

Miss T's picture
Stainless
Stainless
Submitted: Wed, 14/11/2012 - 17:56

Be sure to check the race route, sometimes the ped dots on the map can be hard to see on the green race route (especially on small devices). Also check near any check points or dead opponent cars.

Hope this helps!

daedos's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 14/11/2012 - 21:59

^ yep. After five one-to-go attempts I finally cracked Fridge Racer - what a time waste. My tip for finding the last stragglers is take a screen shot (power+home), view it in the Photos app, zoom in and do a systematic scan. This pic should show the difference it makes, you may need a couple of screenshot due to the blinking action.

The Urban Spaceman's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Wed, 14/11/2012 - 23:10

Nice post daedos. What a cunt! So far I've only actually completed pit stop by killing all peds but even then I got down to one & couldn't see it on the map. I had already seen mention of peds being hard to spot on the race course so I just did a lap & sure enough I found him. That fridge racer screenshot though. Damn.

KillerOperators's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Fri, 30/11/2012 - 15:55

So I'm almost done with everything. I've been using the PNG's that were in ilgattobazilio's post, and they've been spot on for the most part. Unfortunately, I'm stuck on Desert Storm. The location of that power up has been in the same place on every other version of that map (up on the roof of the tunnel in the middle-left of the map), but it's not there on Desert Storm. Anyone know where the power up is on that map?

Piledriver
Submitted: Fri, 30/11/2012 - 20:10

Espyo what happened with mapping every powerup in the game? If anyone can help its Espyo.

Espyo's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter BackerModerator
Submitted: Sat, 01/12/2012 - 00:58

Each blasted location uses a different translation, rotation or scale. I mean, different from the ones specified on the transformation matrix. It's like each one has a different way of reading the matrix. I haven't found the time to try to solve it, but now that the weekend is rolling in, I'll try doing something tomorrow.

I'm Espyo from the Carmageddon Wiki!
I'm currently working on a fangame engine for Pikmin games.

KillerOperators's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Sat, 01/12/2012 - 01:03

Found the one on Desert Storm. Checked it a couple times to be sure it's always there. It's in the high 3-way split road indicated on this graphic. (Ignore the spot with the X through it… That's where it was indicated incorrectly.) To get there quickly at the start of the race, drop into pit that is immediately to the left of the first yellow and black barricades that you come to on the track. Take the ramp up into the high road, and go right at the first fork, and left at the 2nd. The black barrel at the next fork is the Peds On Map.

nobby's picture
Stainless
Stainless
Submitted: Fri, 07/12/2012 - 17:31

This thread is great, thanks to Ultimasnake for getting it rolling... I think I should link to it when we do an "official" reveal post (although this thread actually makes that largely unnecessary!). As you've now all noted, the Peds on Map PUp is at the same location in each map, no matter which race is taking place on that map.

After completing the game by wasting and completing laps in every race, I equipped myself with a powered-down Electric Blue and began the Kill all Peds run-through. However, when I got to the desert races, I found that the place I'd cunningly put the Peds PUp there was IMPOSSIBLE to get to in Electric Blue! I could not land on that damn platform! So, in an Update, I added the PUp to the raised linked platforms (which never really got any use in the game before) so that everyone can get to it.

I was in the war.

GoshMizer's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Fri, 14/12/2012 - 08:42

Something that would really help with the Peds on Map power up, is instead of just blinking yellow, the dots would change color as they blinked (blue, green, red, yellow) so they'd stand out more against different backgrounds.

Piledriver
Submitted: Fri, 14/12/2012 - 22:31

Nice first post. That's an excellent suggestion. Go on Stainless, stick it in the next update!

Pages