You are here

'Peds on map' powerup location

Pages

ultimasnake's picture
Fluffy Bunny
'Peds on map' powerup location
#1 Submitted: Sun, 28/10/2012 - 09:07

There's a little discussion going on in the forums on how to create maps with powerup locations. I've been thinking about this too and thought the only important powerup would be 'show peds on maps'. I've made several screenshots of the maps where I found them so far. The players location (red arrow) shows you where a pickup is and the red line is how to get there:

Maim street (By Ultimasnake)

After the second checkpoint drive just up to the building you will driver underneath and take a right. Take the jump onto the building and grab the powerup!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Costal carnage: (by Daedos)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fridge racer: (by Ultimasnake)

Drive from the start until you enter the cemetery, the powerup is within the churche fences

Death valley (By Ultimasnake)

Drive to the shown area and take the double jump onto the building. Mind your speed because if you go to fast you will jump over the second ramp.

Pit stop: (By Ultimasnake)

Drive to the shown area and just follow the route. The powerup is on a lower part of the level then the shown checkpoin!

Industrial injury: (By Ultimasnake)

Drop into one of the chemical pools and drive towards the east, follow the shown line to enter a tunnel that will bring you to the big chemical pool in the center of the factory. The powerup is at the end of the tunnel.

Avenue of atrocities (By Ultimasnake)

There are 3 little buildings and a ramp placed in the middle of the square, the ped powerup is on the last building on the left edge. Take the jump at around 100 (mph/kph??) or use the instant handbrake on the first building to stop in mid air above it.

Ramp Rampage (By Deados)

Head to the bottom right corner of the map, cross the acid to a dead-end with the power-up

Contributions are welcome and i'll keep this post updated

Edited by: ultimasnake on 31/10/2012 - 12:29
Toshiba-3's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sun, 28/10/2012 - 23:26

Nice work, ultimasnake :)
Maybe you could even complete your post with screenshots of the powerups in their place? Might help players identify the location more easily?

... and carmageddon add-ons at road reaction.

The Urban Spaceman's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Mon, 29/10/2012 - 01:42

Although nobby has said they will be giving us the location of every peds on map pu I don't believe that info is yet available. In the mean time thank you for this snake. I've already learned the maim street location through your post. Came so close to killing every ped before the damned last opponent wasted himself on me lol.

ultimasnake's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Mon, 29/10/2012 - 07:18

I could do an extra screenshot of the location but they are easy to spot. They're always in black barrels which don't occur allot on the map. But I'll make them next time.

@the urban spaceman: I've learned that downgrading everything except your engine makes it easier to not waste everybody ;-)

Evil Jack's picture
Norman E. Carnage
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Mon, 29/10/2012 - 10:35

Unusually have mine downgraded, but I had changed it for a differen race. Forgot to change back. Had only 50 left on fridge racer and last opponent wasted themself. And the winter map sucks for killing peds

daedos's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Mon, 29/10/2012 - 21:07

Coastal Carnage: Found at this location in a yellow can, but not another run through ...?

Fridge Racer: Arrgh, got to 503/505 and couldn't find the remaining 2.

Ramp Rampage: from here

ultimasnake's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Tue, 30/10/2012 - 12:25

Thanks Deados!, I've added your screenshots to the main post

Harmalarm's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Community VIPKickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 31/10/2012 - 10:15

Nice work man! I could use these locations.

I find killing all peds extremely hard because the opponents keep self destructing on me! The other night I nearly had all peds killed in the maim-street level. At about 20 peds left I accidentally slipped onto the last living opponent and BAM! race completed. :(

ilgattobazilio's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Thu, 01/11/2012 - 09:03

hello. i've unpacked the .ipa file, and here is all maps with peds-on-map power-up position:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gq0g53zxqk60psa/VNOy4nMUya

i'm not sure that all of them correct, but i've checked about 6 or 7 maps, and all of them was on place.

sorry for DB, i'm too lazy to upload all of 36 images))

daedos's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 01/11/2012 - 13:03

Fantastic work.

Looking at the results it seems the power-up appears in the same place for each race type. There are a couple of exceptions - could be explained by additional random ones?

bingleberry's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 01/11/2012 - 16:02

great thread cheers!

Pages