You are here

How to add cars and tracks from carmageddon to carma splat pack?

solstar's picture
Fluffy Bunny
How to add cars and tracks from carmageddon to carma splat pack?
#1 Submitted: Tue, 23/10/2012 - 20:27

i have the gog version of carma splat pack(and carma 1 of course)but i read on some sites(including the carma wiki)that with mods or addons its possible to add the missing cars and tracks from carmageddon vanilla to carma splat pack.how can i do that?thanks in advance

CoffeyCup's picture
Piledriver
Community VIPKickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 24/10/2012 - 02:27

All the zips contain read me with instructions.
But you should be aware that some addons replace an existing car.

solstar's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Wed, 24/10/2012 - 08:21

that's not what i meant.follow me on this:

1)i have carma splat pack

2)i also have vanilla carmageddon

3)if you ever played the two games,you'd know that carma vanilla owns some carts that were replaced\deleted in carma splat.so,since they share the same engine\assets\bla bla,splat pack should be able to use the cars made for vanilla carma (such the first Eagle,or the countslash )which were cut off for splat pack.got it now?

now,there are soem mods out there,and they do work,but only with the carma95 executable,which,when ran in win7 x64(that's my os)looks aboslutely terrible as there's no way to improve the resolution.so what i'm looking for is a way to make these mods works on the 3dfx of carma splat pack.because if i try to run them wit hthe 3dfx version,the game hangs at the select screen

Toshiba-3's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 24/10/2012 - 16:50

What you want is the SP/C1 Meld patch.
It's available here for example.
You'll have to follow the readme thoroughly.

And by 'mods', I guess you meant 'packs', the ones that already have C1 merged into SP. We all use CARM95 in our packs because it is the best in our eyes. But you must be sure to run it in hires mode and with hifi's ddraw wrapper. Do a search in the C1 forum to find more about all that.

... and carmageddon add-ons at road reaction.

CWR's picture
CWR
Norman E. Carnage
Community VIP
Submitted: Mon, 24/12/2012 - 18:25

Something I forgot from when the SP first came out, or just never noticed - I really don't like most SP tracks. Narrow elevated tracks that need to be driven slowly lest you fall off onto huge, almost blank landscapes with few landmarks to navagate by, except the water hazards. C1 (and C2) tracks feel more natural, with many more areas that you can go full speed. I mostly just used SP cars on C1 tracks back in the day - although 2 would get stuck in places because the C1 tracks weren't designed for the hugeness of Rig O'Mortis or Monster Masher.

I think I'll remove 8 cars I like least from C1 and replace them with the 8 unique cars I like from SP and just play C1 from here on out.

"If you ever played the two games,you'd know that..." "...follow me on this - got it now?" "Be careful if you don't know how to work with modifying" These new guys are really trolling us, Toshi - but your patient, calm example has inspired me to not be equally condescending in my replies.

"I know, I know - the rest of the world thinks Americans are arrogant. And to be fair...f**k you." Adam Ferrara Top Gear U.S. edition