You are here

Kickstarter Survey information

Pages

Carmageddon1984's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 24/10/2012 - 16:00

Trent wrote:
There's nothing fishy about the DRM-free version having a subset of the Steam version's features. They have made it clear since the moment they announced the DRM-free version that it won't have online multiplayer support and will be missing some other features too. They clearly stated that they are using Steamworks for the online multiplayer, the friends lists and community integration and achievements and so on and so forth. As the DRM-free version is made for people who don't want to use Steam it means any and all features which the game makes use of Steam for are not going to be part of the DRM-free version.

Again, they have clearly stated this on many occasions and there is nothing fishy about it and there is no conspiracy against the DRM-free version. It's nothing to do with worries about piracy or hacking or anything like that either. It is purely because the "DRM" they use provides the features which will be missing from the DRM-free copy.

Thank you! in other words, they dont want to maintain a central gaming server forever :)

One question remains: Will the steam copy be platform independant? so I could install it on Linux OR Windows?
In that case I would take the DRM free version as Windows, since most friends and LAN parties have windows... while only I would have Linux :)

stygimoloch's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Wed, 24/10/2012 - 17:21

Steamworks is one of the best online gaming platforms I've encountered. The only issues I've had when playing games online over Steam have come from the games themselves. Amusingly, Valve's own matchmaking and server allocation software for TF2 and the like is a pile of crap.

ra3eleven's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 24/10/2012 - 18:25

hi all! super excited about the game coming out--the ios version will tide me over until february.

meanwhile, i thought i'd get your take on the t-shirt business before submitting the survey. i'm somewhere between a medium and a large (men's), depending on the cut. is this one of those brands whose medium size tends to run on the larger side? Any help on that front would be much appreciated!

Thepriest's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 24/10/2012 - 18:38

Pleh... I just filled in the survey and i saw in the comments that a Steam ID was needed i just filled in my account name and not my steam id :(

Please PM/E-mail me if u need my ID as u sayed if u have any problems we will mail u :P

I can't wait for this epic game!
Also known as Thepriest1750

lemonrev's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 24/10/2012 - 19:04

ok im up lol.

i just recived my feedback about steam and whatnot, I dont mind telling it all info which i have done so.

But i want the boxed version. i didnt really have any choice as to see if i had a t-shirt or not. I was wondering does the t-shirt still allow you to have the boxed version of the game ?.

Carmageddon2's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 24/10/2012 - 19:43

Are letters with accents supported? (Name for Credit, address...)
Because when I get packages from Great Britain or United States, for some packages, letters with accents are replaced by symbols or a blank.

I don't have a Steam account, it does not matter if I put 'NA' ($150 reward) ?

A mort la censure!

Judicator's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 24/10/2012 - 21:12

Is there a deadline for submitting the filled form? I can't access Steam for the next ten days.

lemonrev's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 24/10/2012 - 21:18

all you need to do judicator is make sure your steam id is correct. but why cant you access your steam account has it somewhat been forgotten or something ?

BadThad's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 24/10/2012 - 21:33

HELP! For my steam user ID I put in my steam login name and not the number requested. Now I can't seem to edit the form I filled out. What can I do now?

Judicator's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 24/10/2012 - 22:28

lemonrev wrote:
all you need to do judicator is make sure your steam id is correct. but why cant you access your steam account has it somewhat been forgotten or something ?

Thanks for asking. Well The PC where I have Steam is actually without PSU. The one I'm using right now hasn't Steam installed and is rather a bucket, sempron 3200+ 1GB RAM. I don't find it practical to install Steam and download GB of games in order to get the damn ID.
The PSU should come back in about ten days, then I could access my Steam from a decent computer with games installed in it and auto login.

Pages