You are here

Kickstarter Survey information

Pages

granny's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 24/10/2012 - 12:09

Well, I've done the survey. I'm assuming the Steam thing I put in is correct. If it's not, I can't say that I care much, just so long as the DRM-free version comes through properly.

javielillo's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 24/10/2012 - 12:18

Before selecting the right platform choice for the DRM-free game, I have some related questions:

- Since the Valve's Steam will be released soon in Linux the Steam version of the game will be platform independent? I mean, Purchasing 1 Valve's game in Steam let you to install&play in Mac/Windows without force you to buy another time the same game.

- Is true the rumor that the free-DRM version will have limited features (no online games, etc) ?

LordToastALot's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 24/10/2012 - 12:49

granny wrote:
Well, I've done the survey. I'm assuming the Steam thing I put in is correct. If it's not, I can't say that I care much, just so long as the DRM-free version comes through properly.

You won't able to play online with that though, remember...

Bet that hurt!

granny's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 24/10/2012 - 13:27

LordToastALot wrote:
granny wrote:

Not a worry, believe me :-)

Ror's picture
Ror
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 24/10/2012 - 13:50

Is it possible to PayPal some monies to get another DRM-free version despite already pledging through kickstarter?

I dual boot and would have liked two versions - I wouldn't mind pledging some more digits for a linux DRM-free version too.

Monkey poo sandwich's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 24/10/2012 - 14:43

Has anyone recieved an email saying theyve recieved the survey results. I submitted mine but havnt had any email saying theyve recieved it is this normal as I dont know if theyvw recieved it without a confirmation email

Kosomot's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 24/10/2012 - 14:46

I think the questions about the sizing for the t-shirts are not enough. Depending on the brand, I wear an L size or an M size, and I would definitely like these two shirts sizes to be the correct fit so I can show it around extensively lol.
Can you give us any further information on the shirts' sizes before we fill in the poll, like shirts' maker/brand or the sizes in cm/inches please?

jimday's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Wed, 24/10/2012 - 15:00

I've filled out survey, but finding the my steamid was a pain in the ass. Eventually I figured it out quite quickly with help of the magic of google.

*Smack! goes the weasel....

jimday's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Wed, 24/10/2012 - 15:04

LordToastALot wrote:
granny wrote:

and

javielillo wrote:
Before selecting the right platform choice for the DRM-free game, I have some related questions:

- Is true the rumor that the free-DRM version will have limited features (no online games, etc) ?

Something is fishy here. On the Kickstarter page is says for the 15$ pledge DRM THIS!

I quote:
"Pledge $15 or more
1262 backers
DRM THIS!: As well as the Steam version, all $15 pledgers will be offered a DRM-free, caffeine free, gluten free, born free non-Steam version of the PC game to download. This version will have no Steamworks functionality and will support single player and LAN multiplayer only."

So LAN yeah, but no multiplayer over the Steamworks. Huh.

*Smack! goes the weasel....

Trent's picture
I was in the War!
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Wed, 24/10/2012 - 15:30

There's nothing fishy about the DRM-free version having a subset of the Steam version's features. They have made it clear since the moment they announced the DRM-free version that it won't have online multiplayer support and will be missing some other features too. They clearly stated that they are using Steamworks for the online multiplayer, the friends lists and community integration and achievements and so on and so forth. As the DRM-free version is made for people who don't want to use Steam it means any and all features which the game makes use of Steam for are not going to be part of the DRM-free version.

Again, they have clearly stated this on many occasions and there is nothing fishy about it and there is no conspiracy against the DRM-free version. It's nothing to do with worries about piracy or hacking or anything like that either. It is purely because the "DRM" they use provides the features which will be missing from the DRM-free copy.

Pages

randomness