You are here

Kickstarter Survey information

Pages

shane's picture
Community Manager
Stainless
Kickstarter Survey information
#1 Submitted: Tue, 23/10/2012 - 19:27

Our Kickstarter surveys have started to go out to backers today and the next wave of surveys will go out tomorrow (BST time). This topic has been started to answer any questions you may have regarding filling out your surveys. If you have any questions, please ask them in here.

This post will be updated with answers to your questions.

Q: The survey asks for my Steam ID - how do I find my ID and what's it for?
A: Please follow the instructions in the following support item on Steams website: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1558-QYAX-1965. We have asked for the Steam ID in case we need it to fulfil our VIP reward which was early access to the official steam community. If you do not wish to provide this, please enter 'NA' in the field.

Q: I didn't enter my Steam ID as it displays in the previous question, what do I do?
A: Don't worry! If we have any problems we will be in contact with you!

Q: What is the 'Name for Credit' field for?
A: This is the name that you would like to have appear on the credits for Carmageddon:Reincarnation. For $1 backers, this will be a credit on this website, and for all other backers you will also get a credit in the game.

Q: What do the designs for the $150 reward tier exclusive t-shirts look like?
A: Follow this link: http://www.carmageddon.com/sites/all/themes/carmageddond7/images/kickstarter/Exclusive-Tshirt---Forum-image.jpg

Q: What do the designs for the $75 reward tier backer t-shirts look like?
A: Follow this link: http://www.carmageddon.com/sites/all/themes/carmageddond7/images/kickstarter/Standard-Tshirt-Reward-Image.jpg

Q: I've just received the wrong survey for the amount I pledged and I did contact you to change this. What do I do?
A: Unfortunately, we are unable to change the reward tier within Kickstarter so those of you that have an incorrect reward tier for your pledge value will get the wrong survey. We have our own records which show reward corrections and will be in touch with each one to make sure we have the right information.

Edited by: shane on 25/10/2012 - 09:08
Evil Jack's picture
Norman E. Carnage
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Tue, 23/10/2012 - 20:23

I have yet to get an answer to a question I keep asking. I would like an answer before I fill out my Survey. Is it possiable for me to upgrade my original $25 pledge to the $150 pledge? Simple yes or no will suffice.

shane's picture
Community Manager
Stainless
Submitted: Tue, 23/10/2012 - 20:30

I'm afraid we cannot offer upgrades on Kickstarter pledges.

Evil Jack's picture
Norman E. Carnage
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Tue, 23/10/2012 - 21:28

Thank you.

Poppaukko's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 24/10/2012 - 00:50

You can get your SteamID from here as well.

Killer-Rabbit's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 24/10/2012 - 04:19

Is there a limit to what can be put in the 'Name of Credit' field?

Can you have something like: 'ERROR:707-Name data corrupt'

Or does it have to be serious like: 'John Smith'

Jalister's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 24/10/2012 - 05:11

Are we limited to one operating system for the DRM free version?

Carmageddon1984's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 24/10/2012 - 06:48

Thank you for clarifications Shane, but this is not enough.

What is the difference between:
"DRM-free Platform choice" and "Email to send electronic goods to" - what is the difference? Is the steam copy sent to the SteamID account, and DRM free copy sent to the email specified? or how?

Also, if I choose Linux as a platform, does it mean I wont get my copy until a much later stage when a Linux version would be released?
In this case, is it possible to get both DRM-free versions to have greater flexibility?
I want to choose linux there and support that platform, but afraid to stay without the game for a long time compared to windows :P

Ghost's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 24/10/2012 - 07:36

Here's a simpler way to find out your Steam ID, hope it helps (you don't need to have any games installed in Steam, only Steam): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0a7gCHq-B0

Ekaros's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 24/10/2012 - 11:27

How does double whammy work out?

Do we get the second copy as a gift to our Steam account?

Suicide Clyde's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 24/10/2012 - 11:43

Nevermind I got it...

Spoiler:
BishyT wrote:
I'm a homosexual man. A very disappointed homosexual man at that.
Spoiler:
DutchBastard wrote:
I'm Dutch and now I'm very disappointed that you said that! :D

Pages