You are here

Lost save game slots and Game Center

Pages

Einion's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Mon, 22/10/2012 - 16:50

Just posting to add my voice to the folks experiencing this issue. I've tried the proposed fixes, restarted my iPad multiple times and tried restoring... no dice. My saves never show up when I restart the game and not once have the OP's instructions worked for me unfortunately. The only evidence that appears to exist that I have played the game is that I have achievements in my Game Center account. Otherwise, nada. Super frustrating, all the moreso because its the kind of bug that actually means you can't play the game if you actually want to make some progress in stages rather than in a single sleepless Mountain Dew fueled session...

Trent's picture
I was in the War!
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Mon, 22/10/2012 - 17:34

Another suggestion: after you have completely exitted the game, before you start the game again, open up Safari/Chrome/your web browser app of choice and access any website to make sure the WiFi/3G connection is active and then open the game. This may help as the issue is from the game not connecting to GameCenter before looking for the savegame and when the internet connection is asleep it sometimes takes a few seconds to reestablish it.

One thing which could be useful to know is what devices are it doesn't work for using? And what devices are being used for people it does work for? And what versions of iOS? I've got a wifi 32gb iPad2 running iOS6 and the workaround works for me. If there's some correlation between device and/or iOS version it may help Stainless with a solution.

Krisp's picture
Fluffy Bunny
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Mon, 22/10/2012 - 17:43

Trent wrote:
Another suggestion: after you have completely exitted the game, before you start the game again, open up Safari/Chrome/your web browser app of choice and access any website to make sure the WiFi/3G connection is active and then open the game. This may help as the issue is from the game not connecting to GameCenter before looking for the savegame and when the internet connection is asleep it sometimes takes a few seconds to reestablish it.

One thing which could be useful to know is what devices are it doesn't work for using? And what devices are being used for people it does work for? And what versions of iOS? I've got a wifi 32gb iPad2 running iOS6 and the workaround works for me. If there's some correlation between device and/or iOS version it may help Stainless with a solution.

I always get the Welcome Game Center message at the start of the game, so i'm connected for sure and i never had any connection issues on my iDevices.

I'm using a 16gb iPad 3rd Gen with Wifi.

Trent's picture
I was in the War!
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Mon, 22/10/2012 - 17:51

The Game Center welcome message appears even if you're not connected, it just means you've logged in on the actual device not that you've connected to the Game Center servers.

Krisp's picture
Fluffy Bunny
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Mon, 22/10/2012 - 18:25

Trent wrote:
The Game Center welcome message appears even if you're not connected, it just means you've logged in on the actual device not that you've connected to the Game Center servers.

Ok then, but even though i check for internet connection first, it doesn't work. :-(

adidragan's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Mon, 22/10/2012 - 18:35

lost all my saves when synched up phone with computer. none of the workarounds worked.

shane's picture
Community Manager
Stainless
Submitted: Mon, 22/10/2012 - 19:03

Please read the OP for information regarding our recent update on this.

Adam2012's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Mon, 22/10/2012 - 19:21

Installed update still no saves, what's the OP?

evilpeacock's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Mon, 22/10/2012 - 19:26

Updated to 1.1 and I still have no save even though achievements, etc. show up in Game Center still.

For shits and giggles I rebooted my iPad 2 but nothing changed.

Toshiba-3's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter Backer
Submitted: Mon, 22/10/2012 - 19:28

OP=Original Post/Poster.

Maybe your previous saves are lost for good but now you won't lose the upcoming ones anymore?
Thinking out loud.

... and carmageddon add-ons at road reaction.

Pages

randomness