You are here

Lost save game slots and Game Center

Pages

shane's picture
Community Manager
Stainless
Lost save game slots and Game Center
#1 Submitted: Wed, 17/10/2012 - 10:06

Carmageddon version 1.1 is now available! This new version addresses an issue where save games appeared to be lost. It can be downloaded via the Updates section in the App Store on your device or via iTunes.

Edited by: shane on 22/10/2012 - 19:56
DutchBastard's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Fri, 19/10/2012 - 07:38

First time ever that I'm not that annoyed by losing a savegame, because Carmageddon is always fun to start over with. :D

Tigerr's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Fri, 19/10/2012 - 08:48

through the workaround i got my savegae back :)
but as stated by Dutchbastard at first i was like ... "ow well lets start over, dont really care" :D
i have two seperate saves anyway ... one on iphone and one on ipad.
having to start over would has never been so easy ;-)

Carmageddon is like McDonalds ... tadatatataaaa i'm loving it (tm) :D

jeffburg's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Fri, 19/10/2012 - 22:53

Is there a plan to fix this bug? It has happened multiple times to me and the solution is hit and miss. I don't log in and out of game center for other users either. I hardly use game center at all. I just have it signed in.

Uglysquid's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Fri, 19/10/2012 - 23:23

This workaround has not worked for me, yet, and I've lost my saved game twice, now.

Uglysquid's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Fri, 19/10/2012 - 23:23

In fact, I have not yet had it go overnight without losing my save.

Uglysquid's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Sat, 20/10/2012 - 01:07

Rebooted the iPad and my save is back.

Fuel's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sat, 20/10/2012 - 19:50

Pro tip guys - don't play so much you run down the battery and it shuts down in the middle of a game. This does somehow delete your save. Tried all the tricks and can't get it back :-/

Krisp's picture
Fluffy Bunny
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Sat, 20/10/2012 - 22:29

It seems that i permanently lost my savegame, after i tried booting the game from my iPhone today. I normally played it from my iPad only.

I experienced the issue before, but then restarting the app solved the problem. Now i both tried restarting the app, restarting the iPad and iPhone. Nothing works. Really frustrating. Just reached Rank 60 and put a lot of effort into it. :-(

CoffeyCup's picture
Piledriver
Community VIPKickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sat, 20/10/2012 - 22:51

This is might have just been a fluke but I lost my saves too. Rebooted game, still gone. Went to Game Center, was already logged in, clicked Carmageddon saw my rank and achievements still there so click through a few. Restarted Carmageddon and saves were back!

Krisp's picture
Fluffy Bunny
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Sun, 21/10/2012 - 00:19

Just tried this. Didn't work for me. :-(. I hope some miracle happens and my save will be there tomorrow.

Pages