You are here

News: Carmageddon Max Pack Released on GOG

Pages

Jimothey's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Mon, 29/10/2012 - 09:01

I hate to dig up the age old problem of low FPS on GOG C1 and SP, but having read through forums etc, I have tried most things, but I doubt the W95 patch will work on a Mac running C1/SP through DOSBox, if anyone can confirm or deny this it would be great. If not, I guess I'll guinea pig.

Carma Killer's Gonna Get You!

lemonrev's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Mon, 29/10/2012 - 09:22

jimothey maybe look in the gog.com < fourms under the game name can help as well. i will have a look for you on this but as far as the 95 patch for dosbox carma was for windows 7, not mac i belive, but i will double check for you.

edit....

http://www.gog.com/en/forum/general/gog_games_on_mac < please try there its got things for you to look at regarding dosbox and macs ok

Jimothey's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Mon, 29/10/2012 - 16:48

Thank you lemonrev. I will have a good look through that. I managed to load dosboxCARSPLAT3dfx.conf into dosbox and changed the settings set out in gog.com's forums regarding this problem but the low framerate still exists. I'll have a fiddle with variables and see what sticks.

Jimothey's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 01/11/2012 - 08:10

Update: I have been fiddling around, and so far have not got any closer to running it smoothly. I downloaded Boxer, which creates a mac wrapper for the game, copied the 3dfx conf file into the app. I have heard that nglide might help, but this is only for windows, anyone know of a Mac alternative?

lemonrev's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 01/11/2012 - 08:15

jimmy im not sure if its the case atm but do you know what drivers / card you have in that machine for say 3dfx ?

Jimothey's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 01/11/2012 - 09:30

This being an iMac, it's all onboard. Specs say : ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT 128 MB
I wouldn't have the first clue how to upgrade it either. It may not even run C:R.

Toshiba-3's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 01/11/2012 - 09:47

Jimothey, can you try these?
http://r.carmajunkies.com/Downloads/carmac/
It says OSX Lion but who knows, might work on earlier versions too.

... and carmageddon add-ons at road reaction.

Jimothey's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 01/11/2012 - 10:27

That is very interesting Tosh. Thank you. I am downloading them right now.

EDIT: I am running Lion, and this doesn't seem to be working. I will have a look through the conf file to see if I can change anything that will make it work.

EDIT 2: I have changed the resolution as described in the readme.txt and changed fullscreen and fulldouble to 'false'. This may have worked on a previous version on Lion, but not now :( I'm running 10.7.5 . I am interested to hear from any other Mac fans out there who have got the games working.

Toshiba-3's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter Backer
Submitted: Mon, 05/11/2012 - 16:18

Damn :/ Really weird that you can't get it working on your comp.
What about a ciderized Carma95? Or you absolutely want a 3DFX C1?

... and carmageddon add-ons at road reaction.

Jimothey's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Tue, 06/11/2012 - 13:53

It would just be nice to play it without the absurd framerate. I managed to find a copy of SP on an abandonwarez site and I ran that through DOSBox, but it was still a bad framerate even on non3dfx, I have tried to run the non3dfx vers on the GOG version but it says 'please insert Splat Pack CD'

Pages