You are here

News: Carmageddon Max Pack Released on GOG

Pages

shane's picture
Community Manager
Stainless
News: Carmageddon Max Pack Released on GOG
#1 Submitted: Thu, 04/10/2012 - 12:49

Carmageddon:Reincarnation backers may remember that during our campaign we announced the original version of Carmageddon was going to be re-released on GOG in its un-altered original format, complete with the additional Splat pack and all its innards packaged up in an easy to install executable. Well, that time has now come, and we are thrilled to say it’s now available at $9.99!

Read more here

Bartjaah's picture
Norman E. Carnage
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Thu, 04/10/2012 - 21:54

Great job. This is still with Dosbox isn't it? I get really low FPS on Carmageddon1, especially when I try to run 3DFX mode. I read in some comments on GOG that some people still experience this problem.

Bart.

Toshiba-3's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter Backer
Submitted: Fri, 05/10/2012 - 00:12

@Bartjaah: Dosbox has quite some high sys req. You might want to try the Exp Windows Patch:
http://www.gog.com/en/forum/carmageddon/experimental_windows_95_patch/page1

... and carmageddon add-ons at road reaction.

Bartjaah's picture
Norman E. Carnage
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Fri, 05/10/2012 - 08:35

Well, thanks for the patch. I guess it's useless to me. I backed for $20, so I didn't receive a GOG Carma downloadcode. Though I own the installation CD's of CARMA & SPLATTER PACK. But the GOG patch is useless if you haven't got the GOG edition of Carma. The installer package tells me that it can't find Carmageddon installed. Is there a extracted version of the installer so I can place it in my original Carma folder perhaps?

I don't see why I should buy the game again from GOG when I still have the original CD's here.

Bart.

nesrulz's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Fri, 05/10/2012 - 09:00

Experimental Windows 95 Patch work great. Yeah, Carmageddon @ W7 without DOSBox.

Toshiba-3's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter Backer
Submitted: Fri, 05/10/2012 - 09:02

@Bartjaah: Indeed.

The content of the patch is just Carma95+hifi's wrappers.
Carma95 should be present on at least one of your CDs.
The wrappers are: ddraw.dll for the rendering (you should configure it via ddraw.ini once installed), winmm.dll for the music, wsock32.dll for the network games. There are also patches to run Carma95 directly in hires, humans.

ddraw.dll here
rest here

Don't hesitate to search this place for more info.
Esp. there http://www.carmageddon.com/forum/topic/337

... and carmageddon add-ons at road reaction.

Bartjaah's picture
Norman E. Carnage
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Sat, 06/10/2012 - 14:42

Thank you for all the help, I got everything from you guys, and my CARMA95 patch from the CD. After it patched the Carma95.exe it still gives me an error (when i fire up carma95) that I miss the "Libvorbisfile-3.dll" and normally I google my DLL's but can't seem to find this one.

Though, thanks again all of you for helping me.

Bart.

VicemanUral's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Sat, 06/10/2012 - 17:12

Carmageddon Max Pack will be available in Steam soon?

Fireman's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sat, 06/10/2012 - 17:17

VicemanUral wrote:

No, why would it?

YautjaLord's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sat, 06/10/2012 - 19:03

Finished Carma entirely (for Max & Die Anna) on Hard & Splat Pack for Max; on with Die Anna. :) Crowbar's All I Had I Gave plays all time in my ears while i play SP: why you didn't include the band's album as SP's soundtrack? Going 'gainst anyone/anything while this song plays feels entirely Carma. lol Overkill's Elimination is fuckin' ACE too. :)

Thanx alot for this classic, goes to Stainless's, KS & GOG's staff. Keep headbanging. \m/

ThomasN's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Tue, 09/10/2012 - 17:43

Fireman wrote:
VicemanUral wrote:

No, why would it?

It's like those people only buying products with an apple on it, you wouldn't understand...

Pages