You are here

Any solution for The Sled and Bugutti issues?

Pages

CWR's picture
CWR
Norman E. Carnage
Community VIP
Submitted: Mon, 24/12/2012 - 17:57

I revised sled.txt and buggit.txt, changed right rear suspension from 11 to -1; changed the third value on centre of mass from -0.05 to 0; and changed the rolling resistance from 0.03 to 0.05 on both cars. The game no longer crashes when either car is driven (using KEVWOZEAR cheat) nor when either car appears as an opponent.

After looking at many of the SP car txt files (and valhella.txt from C1 on account of the similar 'blades on wheels' setup to the Sled) those 3 areas in the txt files stood out as anomalies. I also compared buggit.txt to grimm.txt because of their similar configurations, but they were both in SP. I wonder if Cleaver was absent from SP because another wheel-bladed car was already in the game?

"I know, I know - the rest of the world thinks Americans are arrogant. And to be fair...f**k you." Adam Ferrara Top Gear U.S. edition

0takumetalhead's picture
Norman E. Carnage
Submitted: Thu, 10/01/2013 - 02:24

Found out what the possible issue is with the sled (after changing the value to -1). The front wheels always stick under the map, which caues the Sled to fling of the map causing to never respawn. Carmagedon's engine doesn't know how to handle it.

I can post a vid if it does help with explaining.

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus.
Wish I could change username *grumble grumble*

Espyo's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter BackerModerator
Submitted: Thu, 10/01/2013 - 12:16

Oh, that's easily understandable. At least for me, I've seen one or two "random flying to get free" glitches in the Carma games. But if the video you're mentioning actually demonstrates the Sled flying into space, then by all means, please show it!

I'm Espyo from the Carmageddon Wiki!
I'm currently working on a fangame engine for Pikmin games.

0takumetalhead's picture
Norman E. Carnage
Submitted: Thu, 10/01/2013 - 13:23

Espyo wrote:
Oh, that's easily understandable. At least for me, I've seen one or two "random flying to get free" glitches in the Carma games. But if the video you're mentioning actually demonstrates the Sled flying into space, then by all means, please show it!

You won't see it actually flying away, just dissappearing, you'll see it for half a sec and then it's gone. Will post a vid later today.

Edit: it's easy to replicate with any vehicle with a sharp front end, drive as fast as possible into a ramp or any small space that forms a triangle sort of and you see your car dissappearing.

2th edit: won't be able to tape it, fraps records the sounds but not the screen :/

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus.

Espyo's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter BackerModerator
Submitted: Thu, 10/01/2013 - 19:22

Oh, I figured as much... It's probably just this.

I'm Espyo from the Carmageddon Wiki!
I'm currently working on a fangame engine for Pikmin games.

0takumetalhead's picture
Norman E. Carnage
Submitted: Fri, 11/01/2013 - 09:45

Exactly the reason why The Sled dissappears, not sure why it won't be registred as wasted though. Hey at least we know it has nothing to do with the model, it's the handling file that needs to be fixed.

A slight update, 2 things that aren't correct with the Sled, both are handling related. first one's I previously mentioned and the second one is this:

And no, no new value can be set, setting it to 0,001 and resets itself even after saving.
Using Carmagedit V1.1

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus.

Toshiba-3's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sat, 19/01/2013 - 10:10

Must be an error on Carmagedit's end.
The Sled has correct suspension give:
0.012, 0.012 // suspension give (forward, back)

Also I don't think using Carmagedit to view/edit txt files is a wise idea.
Better get them decrypted and open them up with notepad :)

I loaded The Sled in PlayThing 1 and nothing indicates that front wheel actors problem you showed up there.
Have you fiddled with the model maybe? Or else it's just a random error/bug from the engine.

... and carmageddon add-ons at road reaction.

0takumetalhead's picture
Norman E. Carnage
Submitted: Sat, 19/01/2013 - 14:51

Toshiba-3 wrote:
Must be an error on Carmagedit's end.
The Sled has correct suspension give:
0.012, 0.012 // suspension give (forward, back)

Also I don't think using Carmagedit to view/edit txt files is a wise idea.
Better get them decrypted and open them up with notepad :)

I loaded The Sled in PlayThing 1 and nothing indicates that front wheel actors problem you showed up there.
Have you fiddled with the model maybe? Or else it's just a random error/bug from the engine.

I use Cgedit since i can't gett the cheat to work to decrypt the files, using the Full Text Edit function instead, got the Bugutti fixed with it and the Sled to partially spawn with it.
Oh well, your right about Suspension give, even though it still strikes me odd that every other vehicle showed it properly in the Vehicle Mechanics tab.

Edit: only thing i changed on the Sled is it's issue it had in the first place (rear-right suspension).

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus.

QTZ's picture
QTZ
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Mon, 21/09/2015 - 18:17

Maybe late, but...

Breakin'Benny wrote:
I think I know why the Sled and/or the Bugatti crash the game upon volunteering in a race. They've both got the GroovyFunkRefs (for spinning/wheelspin) over the allowed value which is 10, in this case, the game crashes because they're set to 11 (DOS doesn't crash, for some reason, but does in Windows)

This is the reason, I have fixed this for my self back in 2003 and some time ago released, I have also integrated this fix to my tools.
The other car which crash, but only where it's driven by player and repaired is Mini, which I also fixed removing some part of Crush Data.
There are other non critical errors related to other cars (also fixed).

PS. All trouble that 0takumetal... have are because he using CarmagEdit text file editor which is not compatible with Splat Pack.

Edited by: QTZ on Mon, 21/09/2015 - 18:18

Pages

randomness