You are here

Any solution for The Sled and Bugutti issues?

Pages

Breakin'Benny's picture
Piledriver
Submitted: Fri, 30/11/2012 - 19:50

Okay, I think I figured it out. Lady Bug and Sinthea both set the first of the 4 items in the "Drivel wheels GroovyFunkRefs (for spinning)" too high, resulting in their tires either clipping through the holes for the wheels or crashing the game.

Then, I came in and looked at their vehicles' data files. I looked under GroovyFunkRefs and saw 11's, those two bitches sure thought they'd get best spinning if their tires were Up to Eleven right? Well, I changed those 11s into -1's to make them not only match the Hawk and the Eagle, but also to make it extra fair and easier to steer

The Solution: Since numbers over 10 crash the game when used on vehicles without 6 wheels (like the Suppressor), it crashes without reason. My only solution so far would be to change the 11 in the GroovyFunkRefs to -1

I figured this out when I looked at Toshiba's comment:

Toshiba-3 wrote:
When I /investigated/ this issue a couple of years ago, I noticed this for both SLED and BUGUTTI:
11,-1,2,1 // Driven wheels GroovyFunkRefs (for spinning) - MUST BE 4 ITEMS
10,9,-1,-1 // Non-driven wheels GroovyFunkRefs (for spinning) - MUST BE 4 ITEMS

The eleven there is wrong, should be -1. In C2 that would make the game crash.
Now in C1 it seems like it is tolerated? I'm not sure, IMO various versions of C1 might handle errors differently.

0takumetalhead's picture
Norman E. Carnage
Submitted: Fri, 30/11/2012 - 20:11

Both values don't work with the Sled, will work for Bugutti though. That was the first thing I did.

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus.
Wish I could change username *grumble grumble*

Breakin'Benny's picture
Piledriver
Submitted: Sat, 01/12/2012 - 01:28

Right, but the Sled turned up 100% free from problems for me. I'm probably just lucky

Well? Yes, the Driven wheels when spinning is the problem indeed. I can conclude that values higher than 10 causes vehicles with less than 6 tires to make BRender crash

Toshiba-3's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sat, 01/12/2012 - 10:49

Breakin'Benny: You don't really understand what these values do uh? :)
Here: they are references and not values in term of quantity or the likes. They just assign a reference to grooves further in the text file. You could replace the 10 by 11 if you also replaced the 10 in the groove which used that reference. There are references for spinning, steering and suspension. If you add a steering reference, 20, and put that reference in a rocking groove put on the head of a driver, the head will turn with the wheels. If you remove that reference from the steering part and rather place it in one of the susp slots (-1) and then modify the groove to move along a linear path, the head will go up and down along with the assigned suspension! :) Magic!

Back to the error: in C2 such an error would crash the game directly without error message, but in C1 it seems like the game can tolerate such a hickup. Ofcourse it's better to have it fixed but sadly the Bugutti/Sled bug doesn't come from there. The game will continue to randomly crash with both of these cars (and some other addons) for no particular reason. Hence why the devs put these cars apart at release.

I plan on making them from scratch again in Max but that will remove the crush datas.

... and carmageddon add-ons at road reaction.

Breakin'Benny's picture
Piledriver
Submitted: Sat, 01/12/2012 - 11:33

I know 0% about the GroovyFunkRefs, Tosh. But I don't mind if the Bugutti and Sled were left out if people are experiencing crashes etc., the bad thing is that we wouldn't know about Agent Orange's dissapearance. Anyway, I hope he doesn't come back in Reincarnation! If he did, the Splat Pack would be non-canon and we'd never had known who Moon Child, Mother Trucker or even Ashteroid was back in 1997 (ignore anything about him being a tomgirl in C2)

By the way, if you're a smart feller I think you'd love to come with me and Espyo to Carmageddon Wiki!

stygimoloch's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Sat, 01/12/2012 - 20:16

If Agent Orange returns, he could be a government-funded reconstructed zombie or cyborg type thing a la Jack Clawhammer...

Alternatively, Reincarnation could just see them hitting the "reset canon" switch.

BoneofMalkav's picture
Norman E. Carnage
Submitted: Fri, 14/12/2012 - 02:53

0takumetalhead wrote:
Will dissable the Sled for now, at least Splat Pack doesn't crash anymore.

How would we go about disabling both?

Breakin'Benny's picture
Piledriver
Submitted: Fri, 14/12/2012 - 07:32

Not hard at all BoneofMalkav, just remove all strings in the OPPONENT.TXT regarding Lady Bug & Sinthea (Decrypt with IWANTTOFIDDLE if it's currently in-crypted) and they won't appear!

I won't make it any more simpler, because I want to be idiotproof (very clear and easy to understand, with no second thoughts. Not even a retard should be able to fail)

CWR's picture
CWR
Norman E. Carnage
Community VIP
Submitted: Sun, 23/12/2012 - 12:42

Should you also reduce the number of opponents by 2 then?

And by 'remove all strings' does that include the 'sinthmug.fli' line in both Max and Anna's opponent entries?

"I know, I know - the rest of the world thinks Americans are arrogant. And to be fair...f**k you." Adam Ferrara Top Gear U.S. edition

Breakin'Benny's picture
Piledriver
Submitted: Sun, 23/12/2012 - 16:36

Yes, you have to that or else you can't play. Carmageddon doesn't like playing if there's an expected number of racers, when the amount isn't met.

The SINTHMUG.FLI is just a placeholder for Max, Anna and the Cops + Special Forces A.k.a Chief Biggun, but I won't stop you from changing the .FLI file used to "MUGFOB.FLI" (Mugshot for Splat Pack demo, you don't see the identities of the drivers)

Do whatever you think is best, but be careful if you don't know how to work with modifying

Pages