You are here

Getting Carmageddon 1 Running on Windows 7 64-bit

Pages

Hellicopters's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Getting Carmageddon 1 Running on Windows 7 64-bit
#1 Submitted: Fri, 03/08/2012 - 16:35

The game: DOWNLOAD[/b] or MIRROR (got it from Lenor's post: http://www.carmageddon.com/forum/topic/361, don't want to steal credits here)

http://hifi.iki.fi/cnc-ddraw/#download... Easy as pie.
All you gotta do is download the .dll and place it in your game folder. Remember not to run the game with the "windows 95 compatibility", 'cause it's gonna ask you for a CD.

You can all thank me later. Regards!!! I hope it works for you too!!!

Edited by: Razor on 23/06/2016 - 18:12 Reason: Moved to correct sub-forum
Hellicopters's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Fri, 03/08/2012 - 16:42

Hellicopters wrote:
The game: DOWNLOAD[/b] or MIRROR (got it from Lenor's post: http://www.carmageddon.com/forum/topic/361, don't want to steal credits here)

http://hifi.iki.fi/cnc-ddraw/#download... Easy as pie.
All you gotta do is download the .dll and place it in your game folder. Remember not to run the game with the "windows 95 compatibility", 'cause it's gonna ask you for a CD.

You can all thank me later. Regards!!! I hope it works for you too!!!

By the way, use this in case you couldn't get Lenor's post's fix to run. I recommend using the "run in 640x480 resolution" setting if you want to play it in fullscreen mode.

Hellicopters's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Fri, 03/08/2012 - 17:43

And I almost forgot. In the main folder of the game (where ddraw.dll is located), look for ddraw.ini.
There, use the following settings:

[ddraw]
; width and height of the window, defaults to the size game requests

width=1920 (use your native resolution width here)
height=1080 (use your native resolution height here)
; bits per pixel, possible values: 16, 24 and 32, 0 = auto
bpp=32
windowed=false
; show window borders in windowed mode
border=true
; use letter- or windowboxing to make a best fit (GDI only!)
boxing=true
; real rendering rate, -1 = screen rate, 0 = unlimited, n = cap
maxfps=0
; vertical synchronization, enable if you get tearing (OpenGL only)
vsync=false
; scaling filter, nearest = sharp, linear = smooth (OpenGL only)
filter=linear
; automatic mouse sensitivity scaling
adjmouse=false
; manual sensitivity scaling, 0 = disabled, 0.5 = half, 1.0 = normal
sensitivity=0.0
; enable C&C/RA mouse hack
mhack=false
; enable C&C video resize hack, auto = auto-detect game, true = forced, false = disabled (OpenGL only)
vhack=false
; switch between OpenGL (opengl) and software (gdi) renderers, latter supports less features but might be faster depending on the GPU
renderer=opengl
; force CPU0 affinity, avoids crashes with RA, *might* have a performance impact
singlecpu=true

DO NOT COPY AND PASTE, just change the values as it goes in the description... This will make Carma running in optimal conditions (screen fits perfectly, textures looks good, etc.).
And, remember to add the following command line in the Carma95 shortcut: -hires. That will get your Carmageddon to run in high resolution mode.

Ar sparfell's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Sun, 19/08/2012 - 14:22

Hi Hellicopters!

Thanks for letting use play carma 1 again!

Everything went good until this ddaw.ini thing. I can start the game in a really small window, but afterwards I can't find this ddaw.ini file in the folder... Can you help me please??

Jalaine's picture
Fluffy Bunny
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Sun, 19/08/2012 - 21:08

Thanks for sharing this. One thing that bothers me is that the time passes extra fast and you barely have any time to do anything in the hardest mode. Is there any way to change that or am I the only one having that problem?

Espyo's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter BackerModerator
Submitted: Sun, 19/08/2012 - 21:52

Jalaine wrote:
Thanks for sharing this. One thing that bothers me is that the time passes extra fast and you barely have any time to do anything in the hardest mode. Is there any way to change that or am I the only one having that problem?

It's a known issue. Check this article out: http://carmageddon.wikia.com/wiki/Glitch:Sped_up_timer

I'm Espyo from the Carmageddon Wiki!
I'm currently working on a fangame engine for Pikmin games.

Too-DAMN-Much's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Mon, 20/08/2012 - 17:21

Espyo wrote:
Jalaine wrote:

It's a known issue. Check this article out: http://carmageddon.wikia.com/wiki/Glitch:Sped_up_timer

yep, that's what dosbox is for, try playing one of the ancient syndicate games without dosbox, it's possible to get syndicate wars to work under win 7 i believe but everything will run at plaid speed.

"if he smiles, start running"

"keep asking stupid questions"

trolling is apparently anytime your opinion is different than mine, i'll also accuse you of baiting if you refuse to change your opinion by force.

Wicked Kerfluffle's picture
Fluffy Bunny
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Mon, 20/08/2012 - 19:13

Awesome, got it running in about 5 minutes! Thanks for the info!

Ar sparfell's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Tue, 21/08/2012 - 01:48

Please, can anyone send me his or her ddaw.ini folder?? I have run the game several times, but no ddawn.ini was created after first run as expected... Send me a private message so I can give you the email adress. Thank you very much!!

Hellicopters's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Thu, 08/08/2013 - 00:42

DDraw issue is fixed by downloading DgVoodoo or some program like that. Hence too much time passed since I posted this, and therefore, since I last played the game, I can't seem to remember how to install the program and so. But it's some kind of Voodoo simulator.

I'm REALLY sorry for the pathetically late response. If this didn't help you, let me know. I hope I don't forget to check this forum. Procrastination is killing my own memory.

sonyelmars's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Wed, 28/08/2013 - 09:59

I cannot continued playing this game, because of this toolbox appear "Can't find pedestrian pixelmap 'RIDSHK.PIX'"
Anyone help me please?
Thank you!

Pages

randomness