T Prices

accounta's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
T Prices
#1 Submitted: Fri, 15/06/2012 - 17:02

Hi there,

the T-shirt designs rock!!

But how come in the US story they cost e.g. 19.99 USD while in the Euro store the same item costs 19.99 GBP. GBP does not equal USD by a long shot so this seems a tad unfair. I would not be surprised if an American company had prices like this (wink at Steam) but you guys are from around here ... ;)

Razor's picture
Piledriver
Community VIPKickstarter BackerModeratorCompetition Winner
Submitted: Fri, 15/06/2012 - 17:16

It's not Stainless that sell the items, it's Spreadshirt. I'm sure if Stainless could find somewhere that offered some better deals for customers then they'd go for it. Spreadshirt are pretty good if you want to sell merchandise though, at least they used to be a few years ago, probably still are now but I haven't dealt with them in a long time.
Too bad they really only deal with clothing.

As for the exchange rate issue, it is extremely annoying that they do this and like you pointed out, Valve does this a lot with Steam but it's sometimes for the better on Steam and we here in the UK usually get better deals in sales than everywhere else.

For all of my Carmageddon stuff visit my site @ http://r.carmajunkies.com
Visit my retro gaming website @ www.retrogameshelf.com

matt's picture
Piledriver
Community VIPKickstarter BackerModerator
Submitted: Fri, 15/06/2012 - 22:06

Plus the GBP ones include VAT at 20% which I don't think the american ones do (correct me if I'm wrong?)

Razor's picture
Piledriver
Community VIPKickstarter BackerModeratorCompetition Winner
Submitted: Fri, 15/06/2012 - 22:38

matt wrote:
Plus the GBP ones include VAT at 20% which I don't think the american ones do (correct me if I'm wrong?)

Gotta love our Government! Bunch of bastards.

For all of my Carmageddon stuff visit my site @ http://r.carmajunkies.com
Visit my retro gaming website @ www.retrogameshelf.com

Toxic's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sat, 16/06/2012 - 00:01

Razor wrote:
It's not Stainless that sell the items, it's Spreadshirt. I'm sure if Stainless could find somewhere that offered some better deals for customers then they'd go for it.

I think out of the many tee (and other merchandise) sites that Spreadshit is the cheapest.
I have a store on there as well as one on Cafepress and one on RedBubble, and their base prices are a lot lower than either of them.

Nisei's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sat, 16/06/2012 - 10:50

Toxic wrote:
...Spreadshit is the cheapest.

Brand on the pun? :)

I think 20 bucks for a 2 color tee is ridiculous. I often have tees printed myself and know what the prices for production are.

Toxic's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sat, 16/06/2012 - 11:13

Nisei wrote:
Toxic wrote:
...Spreadshit is the cheapest.

Brand on the pun? :)

I think 20 bucks for a 2 color tee is ridiculous. I often have tees printed myself and know what the prices for production are.

The base price (before the 'commission' that Stainless gets) includes all the handling and shipping costs, which are probably inflated slightly by Spreadshit (and the other companies) so they can make a profit...

Tees are somewhat cheaper to get from other printers, but then Stainless would have to host the shop and deal with the orders/deliveries themselves... and they don't have time for that, they're a games company not a merchandise one ;-)
Plus most of the places I've checked for printing, that don't have an online shop available and just print the shirts, do them in bulk orders... and Stainless can't go down that route as they'd have to stock themselves up on all sizes/designs/colours...

I think they've picked the best option for what they need, and if you don't like the price then you really don't have to buy a shirt ;-)

(sorry for the serious posts, I'll get back to being stupid at some point :-P )

Nisei's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sat, 16/06/2012 - 11:35

Thanks for that last sentence, otherwise I wouldn't have guessed it was one of your posts ;)
I'm not complaining about the price, I just think it's expensive and won't order with this price tag.
If it were £15 I'd be happy to order a few.

Toxic's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sat, 16/06/2012 - 13:16

Nisei wrote:
I'm not complaining about the price, I just think it's expensive and won't order with this price tag.
If it were £15 I'd be happy to order a few.

I'm not sure if Spreadshit do it, I haven't had a store on there long, but I do know that CafePress/RedBubble/Zazzle sometimes have discount offers (where the discount comes off the base price, so therefore doesn't affect the mark up that Stainless get) so you can get the same lovely goodies at a reduced price...

Nisei wrote:
Thanks for that last sentence, otherwise I wouldn't have guessed it was one of your posts ;)

P.S. WILLY!!! (there, now you know it's me :-P)

randomness