'A Trip Down Memory Lane'

• Topic locked

Pages

admin's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Stainless
'A Trip Down Memory Lane'
#1 Submitted: Sun, 29/05/2011 - 17:56

We want to hear about your Carmageddon memories. Funny stories that relate in some way to the games; those great in-game moments you remember that made you spray coffee all over your keyboard. Or perhaps something that happened to you for real that captured the Carma spirit. What’s the cunningest stunt you’ve ever pulled off? Does your car have a body kit featuring giant spikes? Have you ever run over a penguin? Does your dentist look like Screwie Lewie?

Tell us your funny, poignant, silly, barely legal, barely plausible stories, and the three that we like most will win a prize! 1st prize is a carmageddon limited edition goody bag with a signed t-shirt, runners up will receive a signed t-shirt.

To enter the competition simply post your entry in this forum thread. The winning entries will be announced on the forum after the competition closing date, and the competition winners will be contacted via private message for their full name and details to receive their prizes.

Competition rules can be found on our <a href="/competition">competition page</a>.

Edited by: nobby on 01/07/2011 - 15:47
sonic4ever's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Wed, 01/06/2011 - 13:17

I still remember the day my cousin invite me to play Carmageddon for the first time.
It looked so good, so different and so fun... I didn't even know how many hours I would spent driving!!

But the real two moments I love were the one in front of the church waiting to all people to come out and be a real big multiplier saying "Come to me with your tires ready, honey!", and the second one... oh the second one, the almighty football stadium... oh my!! drift, drift, "Bonus for artistic impression" ,drift, drift, splash, splash, "Nice shot, sir!"... oh these were goooooood times :P

I can wait to put my hands again on the wheel and see what Reincarnation will offer...

Spadje's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Wed, 01/06/2011 - 13:24

My friends and would never try to win the race out right. We always wanted to cause the most mayhem possible. So what we did was learn the powerups and drive the whole course backwards with the toughest vehicle we could get. While destroying pedestrians we would cause the most carnage to other vehicles in our path. As long as we could get them cornered or flipped over we would take a step back and ram them with everything we had.

I am so happy to hear that you all are designing a new game wish I new a little bit about programming!!

GOOD LUCK!!!

Spadje

Jack Dandy's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Wed, 01/06/2011 - 13:34

Oh man, too many to remember...

- Splattering a civilian with just the spikes on the Eagle3's backside... He'd stand in place for a few second and then disintegrate into a bloody mess. Watching the exact frame it happens in the Replay was awesome

- Pushing a boulder off a cliff for shits and giggles, and then after a few seconds you get BONUS FOR ARTISTIC IMPRESSION for that poor construction worker who was in the boulder's way.

- Getting the granite powerup, ramming the train offcourse and having it pulp a crowd of running pedestrians and assorted wildlife

Back then, I didn't even realize you can do that sort of stuff in a game. Blew my mind!

Pauleh's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Wed, 01/06/2011 - 13:37

Long ago back when I was in primary school (elementary for you in the US) I'd spend my waking hours before playing Carmageddon, my mom calling upstairs telling me to get a move on. It made my days long, reduced to playing tag and avoiding those icky girls with their girl germs and giggling judgemental voices, throughout all that my mind was getting back into Carmageddon when I get home to waste those other drivers (race? I laugh at those that try to race, mass destruction all the way baby).
One of my favorite gaming moments was when I unlocked that beast of a car (rhino I think it was, whatever the heavy police machine of death was), that gave me my first taste of god like prowess in games, come at me little cars you wont survive!

EricShawn's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Wed, 01/06/2011 - 13:40

My Mum didnt let me play Carmageddon. So I had to wake up super early to play the demo.
Enough Said, Finish that game and send me Goodies.

nitsuj's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 01/06/2011 - 13:43

I remember playing Carmageddon 2, i was just 11.
My best moment was when i tried to kill every civilian (on the first race) it took me almost 2 hours, then my computer froze.
Please, can you make this game so funny and cool that we can play 2 hours with a songle race, triying to find every secret of the map w/o being bored :).

I loved the "combo" system and the kill tricks, it was juste awesome to find the most powerfull combo ! (Opponent repulsor -> Vlad -> Cow -> Wall -> Ground -> TNT -> Firework !)

I can't wait to see this Reincarnation !

Carmeggedon-ready since 97'

Razor's picture
Piledriver
Community VIPKickstarter BackerModeratorCompetition Winner

I remember once my father and I were at a junction waiting to pull out, a group of people cross behind the car so my dad decides to pull out, at this point an old dear decided she wanted to cross in front of the car.. *SMACK* we plough straight into her, she goes arse-over-face into the air as her shopping shoots off in random directions, she goes right over the bonnet and the roof and lands in a pile of shopping bags and smashed eggs on the floor next to the car. Later that day I launched up Carmageddon II and attempted to re-create what happened.

This truly was the funniest thing ever.

EDIT: Got something else to add here ;)

My first encounter with the Carmageddon series was in 1998, my father had bought this new game and was playing it, I thought it was cool so he let me have a go, I remember this like it was yesterday; I was playing on 'Eye of The Beaver' in Beaver City and I think I was using the Eagle 3, I remember my car being somewhere around the bank area of the map and Herrkooled came slamming into me, I managed to push him into the drink and Jenny Taylia came up from behind and pushed me in after him, I immediatly recovered and Jenny was racing off towards the main city area, I chased after her and shouted something out loud along the lines of "Come here Jenny Taylia, I'm gonna waste you." at which point my mother turned to my father and said "What did he just say!?", she turned to me and asked the same question so I had to explain to her that it was the name of a character in the game and that was what I was referring to and not the female anatomy.

For all of my Carmageddon stuff visit my site @ http://r.carmajunkies.com
Visit my retro gaming website @ www.retrogameshelf.com

canadian_max's picture
Fluffy Bunny

I have so many fond memories of the game but, the memories I have are many moons ago when we use to play at lunchtime at work. Me and few coworkers would fire it up and play multiplayer. Nothing better than playing multiplayer where you couldn't see your opponents. What was especially great was when your coworker had somebody come in and ask them a question and they'd have to "ALT+TAB" out of the game while they talked to that person. In the meantime you'd find that person's car and ram the hell out of it!!!! They'd come back to this smoking heap of a wagon and barely have enough life left to carry on!!!

2012 can not come fast enough! I can't wait!!!!
Sign me up for more!!!

Played Carmageddon from the beginning, bring it!!!

PerryD11's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Wed, 01/06/2011 - 13:48

I still remember the day my dad came home with Carmageddon.
Me and my brother never heard of it and start playing it right away.
We did a lot of race but we almost never won..
The next our dad said: You should try and smash the car and run over the people.
Oh men, from that moment we were addicted!

xiweinx's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Wed, 01/06/2011 - 13:48

The Carmageddon-concept was unseen, those days. But it was what a lot of people wanted to do for a very long time. Especially twisted souls, like myself. *grinning*

Before there was Carmageddon, there were other racegames. Some good, some very good and others were crap.
But one thing always kept coming back: the frustration when i failed at getting to the next level or race. Many times i was thinking, before i rammed my keyboard in anger: "What a pleasure it would be if i could get my hands (read 'tires') on those puny, fucking spectators alongside the racetrack!"

It would have saved me a few keyboards, right?

And then there was Carmageddon. It was the ideal racegame. I would launch into a race and lose. But, there would always be enough pedestrians to split up and mutilate.

I'm playing a lot of Grid, when i'm into racing. Fantastic game, really, but the initial frustration remains. Finishing last or not obtaining a certain goal gives me an irresistible urge to maim and lobotomize innocent bystanders (they're laughing at me, i know it!).

So, come on guys and girls at Stainless. Get it right again, before i wind up in an institution for the 'criminally insane' (you should include this Slayer-song if you're planning a soundtrack, just sayin').

I will ram my keyboard up your arses if you fail at reincarnating the original Carmageddon.

I sincerely thank you.

• Topic locked

Pages

randomness