You are here

Split Screen/Multiple Screen Support

Pages

Dark_Pontifex's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Thu, 07/06/2012 - 20:46

i already play c1 lan games with My girlfriend or a buddy with two old laptops. but i dont have two highend pcs to play carma. so i would appreciate splitscreen Organisationen double monitor two start spontanous games.

TurboDonkey007's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Fri, 08/06/2012 - 17:44

Personally, im not fussed about split screen, i dont like sharing my screen! And its all about the online play for me with friends!

I am actually a little concerned with the last round or 2 of comments of the kickstarter page, it sounds like the XBLA/PSN versions are not as high importance as i thought it was!

Although i will play it on PC, i am more of a console person these days, as are all my friends! And i dont want to wait too long for these console version!!

meh

panic's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Thu, 14/06/2012 - 09:05

I wish they did splitscreen or co-op instead of mac/linux support. I mean, don't mac players just have to switch to windows and play the windows version?

Splitscreen should have been a standard feature from the start in this one. I like to play with 2 people and 2 controllers, both at home, on my couch, one screen. Not with some stupid headset, xbox live or buggy psn and 10 polish or british 12-year-olds yapping through my speakers. I don't understand why so few games have splitscreen, especially racing games. I guess money or graphics before gameplay.

Specht's picture
Norman E. Carnage
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 14/06/2012 - 14:49

panic wrote:
I wish they did splitscreen or co-op instead of mac/linux support. I mean, don't mac players just have to switch to windows and play the windows version?

Splitscreen should have been a standard feature from the start in this one. I like to play with 2 people and 2 controllers, both at home, on my couch, one screen. Not with some stupid headset, xbox live or buggy psn and 10 polish or british 12-year-olds yapping through my speakers. I don't understand why so few games have splitscreen, especially racing games. I guess money or graphics before gameplay.

You do realize they stated that they will make splitscreen and co-op features even though they didn't reach the intended stretch goal for those, right?

Also:

Specht wrote:
I have a feeling that Stainless will develop this regardless of the stretch goal being reached or not though, they are a nice bunch of people...

Just to prove that I can predict the future.

panic's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Thu, 14/06/2012 - 15:24

Specht wrote:
You do realize they stated that they will make splitscreen and co-op features even though they didn't reach the intended stretch goal for those, right?

Nope i didn't know that. That makes me a happy camper

Kemal's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 18/07/2012 - 14:10

It'll be a great experience to play Carmageddon with Split Screen support. No doubt that co-op player experiences are more enjoyable.

toPDog's picture
Norman E. Carnage
Kickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Thu, 19/07/2012 - 15:05

Split-screen would definitely be well received - particularly when the console version hits.

Manuel Ostyn's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Mon, 17/03/2014 - 16:52

4 player splitscreen should definitely be included (with game pad support).

I'm under the general impression that racing game developers these days
tend to underestimate the fun of some good couch rivalry amongst friends.

I hope Stainless is going to give hearing to these wishes and set an example
to all other racing game developers.

Psyrgery's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Mon, 17/03/2014 - 17:42

Nobby said they would include every feature of the 750k stretchgoal even after it had not been reached, but it would take them more time to do.

However Nobby has been a bit dubious when asked about splitscreen multiplayer as of lately, so I would not count on it.

I swear I recall they said you could play the single player campaign splitscreen coop.

Max is back. Let there be blood and motor oil

TaerKast's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Mon, 17/03/2014 - 21:36

I'd LOVE to play split-screen Carma!

It's a shame that not many games have split-screen lately. Playing together in the same room is something awesome.

Pages