You are here

Pontipack/Mastro 666's Special edition Melt pack

Pages

Arnathos's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Wed, 18/04/2012 - 20:01

Well I haven't had the time to re download that and check if it has any corruption issues, other then the funfair.dat file. Both versions are running fine for me, had a 3 player lan a few hours back 1 xp pc and 2 win7 PCs and had a blast.

My 8 year old son managed to kick my and his uncle's butt. The fact that he was driving the suppressor going up against the blood riviera and the fraud broko obviously had nothing to do with this :P

UPDATE: I redownloaded the win7 version and when opened with winzip it does claim unfair funfair is corrupt, it can still extract the other files. Again getting the file from the xp version solved everything.

We had a 4 player LAN today but the xp machine was crashing constantly, I was unable to get an error report but it worked fine a couple of days back, a reinstall might fix it. Meanwhile I also tested the Win7 version on a vista machine and it worked fine, except for the fact that alt tab actions seemed to freeze the game(not ctd just freeze).

So much for updates so far.

Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.

BoneofMalkav's picture
Norman E. Carnage
Submitted: Tue, 22/05/2012 - 17:48

the only bug I found so far is that every 2nd or 3rd race ALL sounds just stop.No menu sounds and no audio in the next races either.

Razor's picture
Piledriver
Community VIPKickstarter BackerModeratorCompetition Winner
Submitted: Tue, 22/05/2012 - 22:51

If anyone needs funfair1.dat, instead of downloading the entire XP archive, just grab the file here: http://r.carmajunkies.com/Downloads/funfair1.dat

Please note this is only a temporary fix, I'll be deleting the file soon

For all of my Carmageddon stuff visit my site @ http://r.carmajunkies.com
Visit my retro gaming website @ www.retrogameshelf.com

Arnathos's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Wed, 23/05/2012 - 07:16

Myeah I'll PM ponti asking to re-upload the Win7/vista version with the proper file. But it's only a small blemish on an otherwise solid meltpack. I've had hours of fun with it already!

Dark_Pontifex's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Thu, 31/05/2012 - 21:20

Hi folks, n3town just uploaded the fixed Pontipack Win7 version! Thanks to Arnathos who made me finally fix this bug. Thanks to n3town for his support.

So please enjoy the multiplayer carnage... again!

Arnathos's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Fri, 01/06/2012 - 14:25

Thanks Ponti! Updated the post as there are no known bugs(to me) at this time.

PashaNN's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sat, 02/02/2013 - 08:48

Stupid question, may be, but how to add original music to this pack? I tried just put MUSIC folder (from gog version) into game folder and there is no result.

Arnathos's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Sat, 02/02/2013 - 09:44

The only way I've found to get music in the pack is to just put a CD into the disk player of your PC as it seems the pack tries to read music from the CD just as the original game did.

Breakin'Benny's picture
Piledriver
Submitted: Mon, 26/08/2013 - 06:42

Arnathos wrote:
The only way I've found to get music in the pack is to just put a CD into the disk player of your PC as it seems the pack tries to read music from the CD just as the original game did.

Don't need to do that; Rip the CD tracks to OGG format, drop them into a custom MUSIC folder where the CARM95.exe would be and make use of the winm.dll module

I got that from looking at the contents of the GOG release

Edited by: Breakin'Benny on Mon, 26/08/2013 - 06:43
BoneofMalkav's picture
Norman E. Carnage
Submitted: Sun, 08/12/2013 - 06:31

Wasted! Doesn't have the 64-bit file anymore.Keeps 404ing.

Edited by: BoneofMalkav on Sun, 08/12/2013 - 06:31

Pages