You are here

Competition - Brand on the Pun!

• Topic locked

Pages

Simista's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Competition - Brand on the Pun!
#1 Submitted: Mon, 28/11/2011 - 15:37

Hello Sim here! Yes, it's that time again!

Got another great competition for you! We want you to create a Pun-tastic fictional brand that might be found in the world of Carma. It could be a business, or a product, or service, and might also be accompanied by a snappy slogan and even a logo. For instance, in Carmageddon we featured spoof brands such as Immobil and Badyear, the evil Magnachem corporation plus U-Get Gas and Gasso gas stations. We brought you TWAT Airlines and Planker's Lumber, not forgetting posters featuring attractive products such as the soft drink "Urine". So let's face it, we haven't exactly set the bar at an astronomically high level here guys…

So start thinking about the great big world of brand identity, and share your awful ideas with us here in this thread! You are more than welcome to create a logo too, if you feel so inclined, however it isn't a requirement for the competition and wont effect the choosing of the winners. The winner will just be the entry that makes us laugh and/or groan the loudest. And obviously you can enter more than once if you are full of ideas!

And how about this for a prize… the best brand will appear in the game! :D Yes, the winning entry (and possibly runner ups, if we love 'em enough) will be incorporated into the game world, whether it's as a car sponsor logo, or an advertising billboard, or store front signage. The winner will also receive our fabulous Competition Winner t-shirt, plus one of my limited edition Granny models! Runners up will get themselves a Carmageddon: Reincarnation t-shirt.

The competition is going to run until the new year to give you all a great chance at coming up with a great* idea or ten.

Think you can improve on "The Log Inn"? Well then get posting! Sim Out!

Competition rules can be found on our competition page.

Edited by: willB0T on 09/05/2012 - 09:43

Keep Calm and Draw Cocks

me-tm's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Mon, 28/11/2011 - 17:50

Hell Computers

"So slow, you'll wish you were dead!"

Erm... I'll think of more (possibly better ones) later.

EDIT: Possibly add "With optional fire and brimstone!" as a piss-take of the dell laptops catching fire?

I came here for the carnage and stayed for the boobies (where are the boobies, damn it!)

Zodape's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Mon, 28/11/2011 - 19:36

Funny, I already had those done before the competition was even announced. I was planning on using 'em for some Carma-fan art or maybe for some model skins for an actual Carma game.

I you have no idea of what those are, they are parodies of sponsors related to street racing, such as BBS rims (BS -it stands for "bullshit", in case you didn't get it... idiot-), Avus (Anus), Gulf (Guts), MOMO (MOFO), Castrol (Castrate), SpeedHunters (SpermHunters), Lowenhart (Lowenhurt), Alpine (Alpain -I know it's lame, you don't need to tell me that-), ZEX (SEXXX -too obvious...-)... and yes, I named 'em all.
[/captainobvious]

You guys are free to use those for your fan art/skins if you want, if so, I'll upload the transparent image too. ;D

Hoodoo456's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Mon, 28/11/2011 - 19:41

BBW, instead of BBS, in classic carmageddon crude humour.

Kubby's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Mon, 28/11/2011 - 20:17

McAlzheimer's - Burgers so tasteless you'll forget you ever ate them.

scissorss's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Mon, 28/11/2011 - 20:44

Slay-Mart
(K-Mart)
Maul*Mart
(Wal*Mart)
Sloppy Floppy
(Hobby Lobby)

scissorss's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Mon, 28/11/2011 - 20:47

Slay-Mart
(K-Mart)
Maul*Mart
(Wal*Mart)
Sloppy Floppy
(Hobby Lobby)

Deadhart's picture
Piledriver
Submitted: Mon, 28/11/2011 - 21:29

I made this one some time ago:

Just in case somebody does not get the obvious, original is Mitsubishi. Slogan: "Bitchin' Good Autos!"

I suck at making slogans, eh.

And more are:
Bullyck (Buick) "Bullyck. It's all bad."
Cardiac (Cadillac) "The hearthstop of America."
Cunterham (Caterham)
Bitchelin (Michelin)
Worst Buy (Best Buy)
Sexaco (Texaco, too easy)
Gayzoil (Pennzoil)
Skank2 Racing (Skunk2 Racing) "Whores first. Performance second."
Walgreeds (Walgreens) "Our customer, our slave... ermm, we mean master."
Whoreos (Oreos) "Open up the box and eat them out.

Couldn't think of more slogans.

Espyo's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter BackerModerator
Submitted: Mon, 28/11/2011 - 21:49

I'm going to use a pun that nearly gave a friend of mine a cardiac arrest for the slogan, and add a twist to include good old-fashioned immature humor.

Marylin Gonroe's Brown Logs
We'll give you more wood than you can shake a stick at!

I desperately need to make a logo for this.
EDIT:

Hmm... Came out better in my head. But yeah, meet this mysterious place. Is it a strip bar, or a log emporium? Only one way to find out. Get yourself in there, and you're only finished when your wood is gone.

I'm Espyo from the Carmageddon Wiki!
I'm currently working on a fangame engine for Pikmin games.

BadThad's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Tue, 29/11/2011 - 01:35

AdamtheClown's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Tue, 29/11/2011 - 02:11

Zodape wrote:
Funny, I already had those done before the competition was even announced. I was planning on using 'em for some Carma-fan art or maybe for some model skins for an actual Carma game.

I you have no idea of what those are, they are parodies of sponsors related to street racing, such as BBS rims (BS -it stands for "bullshit", in case you didn't get it... idiot-), Avus (Anus), Gulf (Guts), MOMO (MOFO), Castrol (Castrate), SpeedHunters (SpermHunters), Lowenhart (Lowenhurt), Alpine (Alpain -I know it's lame, you don't need to tell me that-), ZEX (SEXXX -too obvious...-)... and yes, I named 'em all.
[/captainobvious]

You guys are free to use those for your fan art/skins if you want, if so, I'll upload the transparent image too. ;D

DAMN IT! Took some of mine.
But I agree with Hoodoo456: BBS being BBW. :3

• Topic locked

Pages