This thread has come a long way over the past weeks, and now we got our own subforum, oh fuck yes!
From this point forward, I would strongly suggest that everybody starts to make their own threads about their own mods, while we keep this thread around for 'general modding talk'
An added effect of the above is that I will now pretty much stop updating this first post alltogether, since nothing should be released in this thread anymore, make your own threads to release, use this thread to discuss.
Happy modding!! :D
This thread is dedicated to modding the game before its actually supported, since thats just 'how we roll' (our cars over your grandma)
As soon as we get official modding support most of the information gathered in this thread will most likely be 'useless' (up to some extend) as we will be told how stuff is actually supposed to work, and given official tools.
Having said that, the discussion going on here is pretty informative, and you should really read it all, but for the ones that don't like going trough a load of pages, i will update this list of things-you-should-at-least-check-out as often as possible.
- Custom lua compiler used (5.0 and 5.1 decompilers unsuccessful)
- HowTo: Crush Mode
- PLOW & Other Vehicles
- HowTo: Wheels Wheels Wheels and More fun with Wheels
- HowTo: No Intro Mod
- Opponent Spazz Ray
- Texture editing; Cookie Monster!
- Red Max is Back
- How to decompile the .lol files & More .lol news
- HowTo: Decoding ATI2/BC5_UNORM compression
- Pink Eagle & Flower Power Eagle
- HowTo: Drive the APC & More Peds
- Car File Formats Investigation
- Hey, check out these wheels! (#2)
- HowTo: Reverse Camera Fix(es)
- Vehicle Reflections
- Working with C:R FBX files and Blender
- Making the APC drivable, the proper way
- Drivable CU:NT
- Swapping out Drivers and Peds
- HowTo: Drivable APC & CU:NT; Pics, Help #1, Help #2
- Splash screen replacement
- Nobby being awesome
- C1 Hawk getting ported, Update
- HowTo: Remove mouse pointer (for screens & vids)
- Messing with wheels (#3) & HowTo
Unofficial mod tools:
- Possibly usefull C:R Tools (confirmation needed)
- Texturing: Modified Gibbed Tools & Update
- Powerups: Unofficial Powerup Installer
- Decoding lua files: LOL Decoder Package, Usage Tips, 1.2, 1.?, 1.4, 1.45
- Model viewer (WIP) 'Flummery': Some Details, pics: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
- Config.lua Editor
So, first off, i didnt post this in the mods section, since theres no real use for most people atm, unless your a kickstarter backer. Secondly, modding isnt supported yet, and theres not alot we can do. i do suggest moving this to the mod section the 27th.
Anyway, ill kick off this thread with a new splash image hehe, hey, it is a mod :P
(with thanks to FontmaGeddon by toPDog)
Text is now dark-red and white, was grey and lightgrey, added earl-ass mention, made blood more red.
How to 'install':
1] Go here (the above is a resized example)
2] Rightclick -> Download Original
3] Go to your downloads directory, cut/copy splash.png
4] Go to *Steam*\SteamApps\common\Carmageddon_Reincarnation\Data_Misc\splashscreen
5] Rename the current splash.png to splash_old.png
6] Paste the new splash.png
7] Enjoy your Earl Ass Carmageddon!!
Now, ima dive into the .zad files, a quick look (you can just open it with winrar) showed me .xml files and .lol files, the second seem to be compiled lua(?) but there may still be stuff we can do. Lets get to tinkering!